CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Original Psycho vs Remake

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Original Psycho vs Remake Empty Original Psycho vs Remake

Post by wants2laugh Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Did you think Vince Vaughn came off as scary as Anthony Perkins? What did you think about Anne Heche? Do you think the old version seemed scarier because it was black and white?

which did you prefer over all
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Original Psycho vs Remake Empty Re: Original Psycho vs Remake

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I saw the remake with Vince Vaughn, and that was the last of his movies I have seen, I just don't buy him as an actor. I hated the remake, I didn't have a problem with it being done shot by shot like the original, but I did have a problem with the so called acting which was just like everyone rushing through their lines in a last rehearsal, not believable at all...what more I really didn't appreciate seeing Sam's tattooed ass in the beginning, nor Norman beating off to Marion in the shower either.

I got that movie from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, and I think I was overcharged for this miserable excuse of a movie.

I prefer the original, obviously...in the 1960s it WAS scarier because it was in black and white due to the audiences seeing horrific news reels that way as well...plus, the lack of color draws you in to pay more attention to the details I've always felt, when it's black and white it's not just another movie, like The Nanny, I don't believe it would have been near as good or scary had it been in color.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 am

I agree with you. I even think that the blood down the drain scene is scarier in the b&w!

i dont like vince vaughn but would have likec gary cinise in that part... he could have played a good crazy guy
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I much, much prefer the original one.

Vince Vaughn would have appeared creepier to us if we didn't have Perkins to compare him to. But Tony was brilliant casting for the role.

As for Heche, I don't know why in Hell she was selected for the part. But I'm not particuarly fond of her, anyway.

"Psycho" could never be remade ~ it should be left alone as Hitchcock's masterpiece.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I agree with you. I even think that the blood down the drain scene is scarier in the b&w!

i dont like vince vaughn but would have likec gary cinise in that part... he could have played a good crazy guy

You mean that bug eyed guy from CSI? I always hear his name and think of Stu from The Stand laughing Somehow though I couldn't see him playing a guy dominated by his mother, especially his dead mother and then becoming her.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 pm

The original Psycho was boring to me. I don't care for horror movies, but I wasn't impressed by that one at all. Haven't seen the remake. My gut is telling me that it's prob. better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 am