CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Nystyle709
Shale
wants2laugh
10 posters

Do you believe in an after life?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Do you believe in an after life? Empty Do you believe in an after life?

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

supernova's thread about jesus made me wonder how many of us believe in an after life?
    What do you think it will be like when you die? lights and tunnels? nothing at all? just an eternal dreamlike state? or garden of eden with family friends and animals?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you believe in an after life? Empty Re: Do you believe in an after life?

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Reboot & Start a new game here.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Don't know and I'm not trying to find out.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't believe we cease to exist, whether it's reincarnation or some other realm...but I also don't believe in the traditional heaven & hell.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't know and I haven't started to worry about it yet.

Death is one of two things. Either it is annihilation, and the dead have no consciousness of anything; or, as we are told, it is really a change: a migration of the soul from one place to another.
    – Socrates

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:43 pm

I believe Heaven exists but I'm not sure what we can expect to find there. Some people believe each person has their own personal Heaven, Lisa Lopes thought hers would be a series of living her life over and over.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:33 pm

I believe in Heaven and in an afterlife but am not entirely sure what it entails other than what I have read in the Bible. I do know that when I catch a glimpse of an amazing sunset, it makes me wonder how much more beautiful heaven will be, cabuse I know that all of the splendors and eabuty of the earth are nothing compared to heaven.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I believe in Heaven and in an afterlife but am not entirely sure what it entails other than what I have read in the Bible. I do know that when I catch a glimpse of an amazing sunset, it makes me wonder how much more beautiful heaven will be, cabuse I know that all of the splendors and eabuty of the earth are nothing compared to heaven.

that was shear beauty in itself... really... i'm not mocking you. very well written.

after my sis died, i kept feeling her around and things kept moving and disappearing. I really felt spooked and one day the necklace with her cremains went missing. I mentioned it on here once. Last week I found it in a place I never would have put it and was not even looking for it. I haven't felt my sister since it disappeared. Makes me wonder if we can stay on earth for a little while to check on loved ones. Cause when I say I FELT her, I mean it... it was her. But she is gone now and im not so sad anymore, and not so scared.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:52 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I believe in Heaven and in an afterlife but am not entirely sure what it entails other than what I have read in the Bible. I do know that when I catch a glimpse of an amazing sunset, it makes me wonder how much more beautiful heaven will be, cabuse I know that all of the splendors and eabuty of the earth are nothing compared to heaven.

co-signs

I don't know what to expect but I don't believe we just die and cease to exist. I was taught that the soul wanders after death until it finds another body to inhabit with no memory of your previous life, maybe just flashbacks here and there that might not make sense to you.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I got some sense so of course I do. Wink

As for what it's gonna be like, as a writer, I am the first to admit that trying to capture it in words would be the ultimate attempt in futility. One way is so good, and the other so bad, that it really makes you wanna shape up now if you ever really think about it. (Which is, I would guess, why so many people refuse to.)
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes, I believe in an afterlife in either Heaven or Hell. The Book of Isaiah gives insight into some of what can be expected in Heaven, and the Book of Revelation gives insight into what can be expected both in Hell and in Heaven, as well as a 1000 year period in which Jesus will physically return to Earth and set up His Kingdom here. It's believed that that period of time will take place so those alive at the time, those yet to be born, and those already passed on (who will return to Earth at that point), can see how God intended for the world to be, before sin entered the picture.

Hebrews 9:27 says that man is destined to only die once, hence cancelling out any reincarnation business, and I'm sure I'll get a lot of flac for my opinion, but personally, I'd rather look forward to the hope of a world better than this one. Sure there are some great things in this world, but how much greater would it be with no sickness, crime, and all the other things that can make life suck at times? I hold onto the promise that someday my daughter will get the sight back in her presently blind eye, and that I'll never have to worry about having my cancer (or my daughter's) come back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:07 pm