CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Pro-life should be all life, no exceptions. Not just a fetus' life in SOME instances.

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Rant Pro-life should be all life, no exceptions. Not just a fetus' life in SOME instances.

Post by Kral Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 am

There is something I do not understand.

I read over and over and over again how abortion is murder, abortion is immoral. That baby deserves the right to live! Who are you to deny it a chance at life? Even if it is the most horrid life ever, filled with abuse and neglect, it should still have the chance to live! It's innocent.

Unless it's rape. Or incest. Or the mother's life is endanger. Then it is okay.

What??

Is a fetus conceived of rape any less innocent? Is it the fetus' fault there was violence in it's conception? Is it's soul tarnished? Does it's heart not beat? Does it not feel pain?

I'm pro-choice, but the hypocrisy some pro-lifers display here about it just amuses me!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Rant Re: Pro-life should be all life, no exceptions. Not just a fetus' life in SOME instances.

Post by Bluesmama Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:54 am

Well, as one who was raised Catholic, I know that the church does not make exceptions to rape or the mother's safety. Not unless it's changed ~ and I don't think it has.

Religion aside, I think people's ideas on abortion for rape is a compromise because the fetus was not conceived in love. Does that child have a right to its life? Probably. But the social stigma in time has enabled people to soften their thoughts. And a child conceived of rape or incest is in great danger; I cannot imagine a mother carrying a child she "hates".

The question of saving a mother's life vs the baby's can certainly open a can of worms in the debate, too. She can't carry this pregnancy to term but she can produce children later. Or perhaps she has children already that need their mother. Which one must die? In this case it is an either/or.

And I wish to add that MANY non-religious people dislike abortion. I have one friend who is agnostic, and her daughter is a baby factory. The girl has birthed 4 babies and she adopted out all but the last. The mother never encouraged abortion because she "just does not like it". I don't think she, or the daughter, would view it differently if any were by rape.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 am