CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RobbieFTW
Shale
Chris
7 posters

Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity? Empty Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity?

Post by Chris Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 am

From what you have experienced, or observed, do you think that people who have 'daddy issues' (be it they were abusive or absentee) are more likely to become promiscuous?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity? Empty Re: Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity?

Post by Shale Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:35 am

IDK

If your dad was a philanderer but stayed in the marriage and was a loving and caring father, wouldn't that cause one to become promiscuous by example?

My dad was a philanderer and my mom divorced him. IDK if I have daddy issues more than other guys. I had a stepfather who tought me things as well as my father.

I may be considered promiscuous by some standards (60 different sexual partners so far) but among my contemporaries it was the norm. So, what is the definition of promiscuous?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity? Empty Re: Is there a parallel between absentee or abusive fathers and promiscuity?

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 am

I have heard of things like that but i dont know how true it is. Then again my dad is a asshole and i have gone thru manwhore phases so maybe. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 am

Even if there is some truth in it, I think that's more a stereotype. I will say though that I think women who had active and involved daddy's growing up who told them they were pretty and deserved a decent man probably don't wind up as prone to making bad choices when it comes to men (including being ho's.)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm

My dad died when I was 3yrs old... I didnt turn out to be a slut.... do i love sex? absolutely... did i sleep my way thru the football team in HS--- NEGATIVE!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:20 pm

wants2laugh wrote:My dad died when I was 3yrs old... I didnt turn out to be a slut.... do i love sex? absolutely... did i sleep my way thru the football team in HS--- NEGATIVE!

Bet you were wide awake big grin

As to the question, Shrugs (Oh well…) Could be but I don't think it's a guarantee.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Maybe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm