CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Frank Valentini is staying with the show!

Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Frank Valentini is staying with the show! Empty Frank Valentini is staying with the show!

Post by Adrian LePere Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:48 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Prospect Park, which in July acquired rights to ABC’s soon-to-be canceled daytime dramas All My Children and One Life to Live, continues to lock in key players from OLTL. One Life to Live executive producer Frank Valentini has signed a deal with the company to continue with the serial drama when it moves online. Additionally, Valentini has also been named VP Serial Dramas for Prospect Park’s new online network. In this role, Valentini will work closely with Prospect Park partners Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank and their executive team on programming strategies, including the upcoming relaunch of All My Children. “Frank’s successful track record both creatively and produce-orially with One Life to Live has been stellar and we are honored that he has also agreed to take on more responsibilities at our new network,” Kwatinetz and Frank said. “Under Frank Valentini’s stewardship, One Life to Live’s popularity and ratings continue to increase, and his commitment to us is another milestone in our commitment to relaunching One Life to Live with the best possible quality and storylines for audiences everywhere.”

Prospect Park recently announced its first soap actor deals, signing OLTL co-stars Michael Easton, Ted King, Kassie DePaiva and the cast’s doyen Erika Slezak to continue on the show. With AMC star Susan Lucci recently turning down Prospect Park’s offer for a salary identical to her current one on ABC, the company shifted its short-term strategy to getting the higher-rated OLTL off the ground, while AMC is being moved to the back burner for the time being.

Valentini was named executive producer of OLTL in 2002 after serving both as a senior supervising producer and director. “I am thrilled to join the Prospect Park team continuing my role as the executive producer of One Life to Live,” Valentini said. “As we enter this new chapter, I must extend a very big, heartfelt thank you to the show’s creator Agnes Nixon who has always been generous with her support of our vision of her creation, ABC for affording me an incomparable experience for the past 26 years at One Life to Live and the fans with their unwavering passion determined not to let their shows go away. The cast and crew is my family and I am very proud to have this opportunity to continue working with this talented and dedicated team. And finally, I must extend a huge thanks to Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park, whose pioneering innovation is giving us more life to live.”

http://www.deadline.com/interstitial/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deadline.com%2F2011%2F09%2Ffrank-valentini-inks-deal-to-continue-as-executive-producer-on-one-life-to-live%2F
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Frank Valentini is staying with the show! Empty Re: Frank Valentini is staying with the show!

Post by Tony Marino Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am

Well at least with him staying with the show there won't be much character change, he has been with the show for a very long time.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Frank Valentini is staying with the show! Empty Re: Frank Valentini is staying with the show!

Post by Jason B. Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 am

Don't know how I feel about this. How do I know Valentini wasn't the one who pushed for the return of Roger Howarth? Hearing that he's staying on makes me wonder and worry about the rumors of PP supposedly trying to lure TSJ back to the show. If FV was instrumental in bringing back RH at the expense of TSJ, then him remaining in charge is worrisome for me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:08 am

I think it was Frons that was pushing for RH to return.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:28 am