CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go? Empty Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go?

Post by Kral Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 am

I am NOT happy with OLTL in general these days and struggle to find something to latch onto to keep watching. The whole show needs a reboot. If you ask me, the show needs a whole admin. New writers, new executive producer. Everything.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go? Empty Re: Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go?

Post by stavdash Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 am

I'm not impressed with either, but let's be honest....no administrative team is going to thrive under the rule of Frons. Doesn't matter who they replace who with, for as long as the current head of daytime is there micromanaging the mix, the end result will be the same. Also, even though I don't particularly care for Valentini's seeming pompousness, he continually brings the show in under budget. That is probably one of the reasons OLTL hasn't been cancelled yet.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go? Empty Re: Who else thinks Valentini & Carlivati both need to go?

Post by Chris Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 am

The truly annoying thing about Frons is that he convolutes and muddies the mix so much that you often can't tell what's actually screwing up the soaps more: the writers own misteps, or his tyranny.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Doyen wrote:The truly annoying thing about Frons is that he convolutes and muddies the mix so much that you often can't tell what's actually screwing up the soaps more: the writers own misteps, or his tyranny.

I think a lot of blame goes on Frons and not Carlivati and Valentini. Dosen't he have the final say to all storylines and has the right to make his own changes? Also, from another board I came from, people are definetly NOT happy with the Gay storylines of the show. I still can't believe in this day and age that homophobia still runs so rampant. They blame the gay storylines on OLTL's recent decline in viewership.

:x
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by SecHandNews Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah I have also heard the naysayer complaints about the gay storyline. But if anything it has brought the show some national, non soap, press/exposure that it WOULDN'T have otherwise gotten and couldn't have hurt the ratings.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by stavdash Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm

SecHandNews wrote:Yeah I have also heard the naysayer complaints about the gay storyline. But if anything it has brought the show some national, non soap, press/exposure that it WOULDN'T have otherwise gotten and couldn't have hurt the ratings.

But it hasn't helped. OLTL is pulling in its lowest ratings to date, and is literally at the bottom of the heap. Just like when they did a gay s/l at ATWT, this Kish thing is getting the show fleeting "fluff" coverage pieces in the gay press and sensational trash/pop culture media, but it's not translating into extra numbers. At the end of the day, Kyle and Oliver are still two start up characters, with no relevant history or connection to any of the shows more important characters, and are likely to be shuffled to the backburner as soon as the novelty of them starts to get old. If they want me to care about these two, they better reveal one of them to be a lost lost son of Clint's, or something...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:07 am