CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
CatEyes10736
Nhaiyel
Alan Smithee
Shale
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
Supernova
FireIce918
ph balanced
Marc™
15 posters

People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather Empty People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:56 am

Have you ever wore sandals outside in the dead of winter?
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather Empty Re: People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather

Post by ph balanced Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:56 am

Hells naw!!!!!!!!!
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather Empty Re: People Who Wear Sandals In Cold Weather

Post by FireIce918 Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:38 am

That's something I've never been able to understand! Same thing with wearing shorts with a sweater. I can understand dressy shoes, but just plain ol' flip flops? Oh no.

The only exception is if I give myself a pedicure and want the polish to dry quicker. But even then, I'm gonna spend the majority of the car in some heat.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:14 am

My mom and I HATE wearing shoes, we put it off and stick to our sandals for as long as possible.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:58 am

No. I don't wear sandals at all, except at home, between the months of September and May.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 am

Not in the cold, no.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:30 am

No. Where dey do dat at?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 am

I wear sandals year round. Sometimes in the dead of winter it gets to be 45 degrees and I will wear shoes, but still wear shorts, even with a light jacket. (I have fur on my legs)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 am

LOL. No although my flip flops are still at the bottom of the stairs by the front door. I haven't put them away yet but I'm not wearing them anymore. I like my feet to be warm.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:14 am

Sandals and flips are only for hot weather, AFAIC. When it drops below 60, I'm wearing long pants and shoes. So in other words, I only wear them during the summer months. And then it still needs to be especially hot.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:18 pm

The only time I've done that was when there was a relatively short distance between the building and the car, and there was no snow or anything on the ground. But for the most part I don't.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:18 am

Not that I remember, but I hate cold feet so the likelihood is slim to none.

I've seen sandles and flip-flops in winter numerous times. The best one was the girl wearing rubber flips with 80's style legwarmers. Only in Oregon!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 am

Only for a quick run down the driveway to the mailbox, for me, but it's usually all the high school kids in my area, still wearing shorts and flip flops when there's frost on the ground.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Only in situations where I'm gonna be back in very quickly. If I'm going to collect the trash cans from the front yard and its cold out, I may slide into my sandals for something like that. But I wouldn't wear them out and about if it's not warm.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:The only time I've done that was when there was a relatively short distance between the building and the car, and there was no snow or anything on the ground. But for the most part I don't.

co-signs

I do only if I'm going out to start my vehicle so that can get warmed up, or something else, and just need something to slip on real quick. But only if there's no snow ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm