CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Supernova
TSJFan4Ever
Jason B.
RedBedroom
9 posters

What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather? Empty What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Face it folks...cold weather is coming. Most don't like it but we can at least think about the things we like about temps dropping.

Mine are baking and how pretty the night looks after a new snow fall.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather? Empty Re: What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather?

Post by Jason B. Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:38 pm

I like the fall/autumn leaves. They're a pain to get up, but in the right ambiance can be nice to look at.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather? Empty Re: What gets you excited for cold (colder) weather?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:07 am

JB, you are right. They are pretty cool. I used to let my son choose some to preserve in wax for our daily craft. LOVE Fall colors!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 am

I love the colours of fall and the rainy days - where it really rains, not when it trickles down. I love baking, too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 am

TSJ, what do you like baking?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 am

I'm actually looking forward to not having to wear tank tops, shorts and sandals all day every day, I do have jeans and sneakers I'd like to wear again but I'm too hot blooded to do it in warm weather.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:26 am

Used to be the fall TV season, but that was a long time ago. I would say my birthday, but that's still technically summer. If I had to choose anything, probably the new year.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 am

In all honestly, if I had to choose, I'd rather be cold than hot. And I actually like the snow. I just don't like having to go out in it. I don't like having to commute in it. I'd prob. hate it more if I was the one having to shovel the snow all the time, but since I don't....I don't. I'm a big kid. I still have snowball fights so that's my winter thing.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 am

The beautiful colors that fall brings us, the crisp clean air that we breathe, the animals scurrying to collect their food for the cold winter ahead, fireplaces burning and the smell of them in the air. I like snow, it makes everything look so pretty and clean but I hate an abundance of it. I like the cold because I am so sick of the hot, sticky summers here and the cold is a welcome relief from all of that. Sometimes I fell that cold weather kills all the germs that are festering in the air from the hot summer months.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm

What gets me excited for cold weather? The fact that by then spring is around the corner. I do enjoy the autumn very much...Halloween, Thanksgiving but right after that I’m staring the dead of winter in the face. Going to and coming home from work in the dark. Freezing when I step out of the shower because the heat hasn’t come up. Scraping ice off my windshield. Skidding around in the snow. I like to take long walks in the morning so it means bundling up in a lot more than shorts and a T-shirt! I usually feel a little blue right after Labor Day. It doesn’t last too long and I am soon in the swing of autumn but I wish spring would come on January 2.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:02 am

It's strange, but I actually like the month of February - even though it's the coldest, most drab month of the year. I don't know, I think it's because normalcy after the holidays finally occurs. In January, lingerings of the past Xmas season still exist, which is depressing it's painfully evident that the season is over. February for me is like getting back to normal.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 pm

That is a good point, Chris, about the month of Feb. The holidays are behind us and we have better weather to think about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 pm