CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Ladies, a question about when you die

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Ladies, a question about when you die Empty Ladies, a question about when you die

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:19 pm

The other night there was an episode of George Lopez on that they don't show often, when his uncle dies and he doesn't want to go to the funeral. Benny admits its her fault he's scared of death and she makes him face it by coming over in the dress she wants to be buried in; she lies down on the picnic table and tells him 'this is what it'll look like, except without the bra, these things hurt after 4 hours, so just picture them off to the side'.

And I remember in the play Madea's Family Reunion, Madea tells her daughter Cora "when I die, if you put a bra on me I'll come back and kill you. I'll be the first ghost to do a drive-by!"

On one hand people say you're dead so you don't know anything, but what do you think? If you were going for burial, preferably an open casket one, when they're dressing you for it would you want a bra on, or do you think they really do that? Because people always make the jokes about lipstick on the teeth when that wouldn't happen either because they wire the jaws shut, but what's everyone think?
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Ladies, a question about when you die Empty Re: Ladies, a question about when you die

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:27 pm

I think I'd rather be creamated and dumped on a beach somewhere--saves landspace in the cemeteries, and then the moritican won't have to bother about having to make me look good for a casket viewing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Ladies, a question about when you die Empty Re: Ladies, a question about when you die

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:02 pm

LOL, they don't put bras on dead people.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:25 am

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, they don't put bras on dead people.

Are you sure? I always thought they did. The boobs are still there and for an open casket you would think they would want them to look good and not off to the side.

I got to decide if my mom wore undergarments when the undertaker took her from the house. I thought that was odd because she was being cremated. So that detail seemed insignificant.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 am

RedBedroom wrote:

Are you sure? I always thought they did. The boobs are still there and for an open casket you would think they would want them to look good and not off to the side.

I got to decide if my mom wore undergarments when the undertaker took her from the house. I thought that was odd because she was being cremated. So that detail seemed insignificant.

From what I'm told....they put an sheet or like another shirt up under the dress that they were for the funeral. Perhaps different people do different things. They don't put shoes on the either....just socks.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 am

I wonder why they do it like that for a body that will be viewed? That is interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 am