CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
wants2laugh
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
gingersnaps
Nystyle709
Bluesmama
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
13 posters

Are there any multiple births in your family?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are there any multiple births in your family? Empty Are there any multiple births in your family?

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Have you ever had a relative in the family tree that had twins or triplets or even more than that at one time? We had one set of twins that I know of for sure, my great uncle and his brother, his brother was killed giving a ride to a hitchhiker, and the uncle didn't die for many more years and I can't imagine what that's like because of the twin connection, he knew when his brother died, and then to live years afterward without that other part of himself, I can't imagine.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Are there any multiple births in your family? Empty Re: Are there any multiple births in your family?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Almost. sad
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Are there any multiple births in your family? Empty Re: Are there any multiple births in your family?

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:12 pm

My grandmas sister (who has passed) has a set of twin boys...they aren't identical though.

I don't know the exact term they are in relation to me, I hardly know them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Let's see, grandma's sister, that would make her your great aunt, her boys then would be cousins, though in terms of numbers, first cousin, second cousin, I don't know, and what is the whole once removed thing with cousins?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Third cousins, fraternal twin girls. Look nothing alike.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Supernova wrote:Let's see, grandma's sister, that would make her your great aunt, her boys then would be cousins, though in terms of numbers, first cousin, second cousin, I don't know, and what is the whole once removed thing with cousins?

Shrugs (Oh well…) I don't know
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Twins run in my family. Grandmother had a set of twins, one of the those twins had a set of twins, another one of her daughters had a set of twins, my great grandmother had a set of twins (father's side now), great grandfather's sister had a set of twins, great grandfather's mother was a twin, great grandfather's grandmother had a set of twins. If I ever get pregnant, I'm anticipating twins.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Both my maternal grandparents are twins. Not sure if my grandmother and her sister were identical or not since the twin died in infancy. My grandfather and his brother were identical- it was hard to tell them apart at times.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:15 am

No twins over here.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 am

The other night I found on Youtube a video of these twin women who were girls in the Holocaust, they were in Auschwitz and Mengele experimented on them, one of the few sets of twins who survived his experiments. Their mother would make them pinch their cheeks before they went to him for the day so they'd appear rosey and healthy so he wouldn't kill them but would further experiment on them. When they grew up, they got married and the father told the husband of one of them to take into consideration that she was experimented on so she may not have children, and she in fact had twins, I'd consider that to be nothing short of a miracle.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 am

cheaps wrote:

Shrugs (Oh well…) I don't know

Its old terminology same thing as first cousin, second cousin, third cousin etc. Your third cousin would be three times removed.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 pm

my grandmother was a twin who had twins. but that is it... it skipped my generation, and we are still waiting with each delivery to see if twins pop up
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 pm

None that I know of.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 pm

My cousin has two sets of identical twins. 16 year old twin boys and 10 year old twin girls.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:22 am

Not in my immediate or close extended family. Some distant uncles/aunts/cousins (whom I've never met) have had twins.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Its old terminology same thing as first cousin, second cousin, third cousin etc. Your third cousin would be three times removed.

I still don't get it... but ok Wink
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:10 am

One of my maternal aunts has twin identical daughters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 am