CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Bluesmama
Shale
CeCe
Supernova
femme fatale
9 posters

Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies Empty Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies

Post by femme fatale Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies

Posted: 09/22/2011
    Last Updated: 6 hours and 24 minutes ago

By Julius Whigham II Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

LAKE WORTH, Fla. - A Lake Worth teen who pleaded guilty to participating in a violent string of home invasions and robberies was sentenced to 270 years in prison today, the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office said.

Ramon Rosario, 19, was sentenced on 15 counts that included charges of racketeering, conspiracy to commit racketeering, home invasion robbery with a firearm, kidnapping with a firearm and conspiracy to commit home invasion robbery with a firearm.

He pleaded guilty to the charges in December.

Prosecutors linked him to a group of men who allegedly called themselves the "headshot committee" and committed a string of home invasions, robberies and kidnappings in the northern part of the county during the spring and early summer of 2010.

Eight other men were charged in January for alleged crimes that State Attorney Michael McAuliffe described as a "Category 5 hurricane of violence."

"What today's sentencing did was ensure that Ramon Rosario doesn't walk free again," assistant state attorney Cheryl Caracuzzo said this evening. "I think that's important. This group literally terrorized the victims in their homes. They were looking for homes with people in (them). That's what they preferred. They knew then, they could go in, hold them at gun point and make them show them where everything was. "

Rosario and two other men were arrested in June of 2010 as they were preparing to commit a home invasion robbery, police said.

While trying to flee a residential community, police said they rammed a Boca Raton police officer's car. Rosario was shot and briefly hospitalized after he pointed a handgun at an officer, police said.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_c_palm_beach_county/lake_worth/lake-worth-teen-sentenced-to-270-years-in-prison-for-violent-home-invasion-robberies#ixzz1Ypx0fG9L
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies Empty Re: Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't know, almost 300 years and nobody's dead or was raped?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies Empty Re: Lake Worth teen sentenced to 270 years in prison for violent home invasion robberies

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Supernova wrote:I don't know, almost 300 years and nobody's dead or was raped?

I'm not a lawyer & too lazy to look it up but I'm guessing it's the racketeering charges. Serious stuff.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Supernova wrote:I don't know, almost 300 years and nobody's dead or was raped?
    Eventually that may have happened then everyone would be alright with getting these sociopaths put in a cage for life.

To do what they did was terrorism. The fact that no one had been killed YET, is a fluke. I am glad they won't be given the chance to kill someone.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 am

I agree with Shale. They're damn lucky they didn't invade the home of someone who was armed and ready for them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:51 am

Bluesmama wrote:I agree with Shale. They're damn lucky they didn't invade the home of someone who was armed and ready for them.

I've mentioned this before but Florida is one of those states with a "shoot first" law. And the death penalty. It was only a matter of time until someone died. I got no problem with the sentence. I wonder though if the time has to be served consecutively or concurrently. Even if he only does 50 out of 270, he's going to be older than Shale by the time he gets out. He looks like a fresh fish who's going to experience Shale's "alternative" sexuality in prison too. Whether he likes it or not. He's also lucky to be alive. A black man who rams a cop car and points a hand gun at the cops (instead of a wallet or his bare hand) and only gets winged in the arm instead of shot 57 times?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 am

Opa Shale wrote:
    Eventually that may have happened then everyone would be alright with getting these sociopaths put in a cage for life.

To do what they did was terrorism. The fact that no one had been killed YET, is a fluke. I am glad they won't be given the chance to kill someone.

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 am

It's ridiculous when they sentence somebody like that. Just give them life. Fuck you gonna give somebody 270 yrs?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:33 am

Opa Shale wrote:

Eventually and what actually happened are two completely different things. Punishment should always fit the crime. She's right. They didn't rape or kill anybody, so sentencing a 19 yr old for 200 some odd years is bullshit. Significant years, yes.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:44 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Eventually and what actually happened are two completely different things. Punishment should always fit the crime. She's right. They didn't rape or kill anybody, so sentencing a 19 yr old for 200 some odd years is bullshit. Significant years, yes.
    I was just expressing my agreement with putting these animals in cages away from society forever. He wasn't being put in a cage because of his eventual danger to society but was put in for the crimes he actually did multiple times and targeting ppl while at home with lethal weapons. We have an escalating handgun law here that starts at a mandatory 25 years the first time a handgun is used in a crime.

As for the unrealistic amount of time, that is a fluke in the law where you have to give such in order make sure it is a life sentence.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:54 am

Just from googling around it looks like racketeering gets you 20-30. This guy has 15 separate counts from racketeering to kidnapping, robbery & firearm charges. Multiply 15 X whatever each carries & I'm surprised it's not higher.

Maybe they were trying to work around the possibility of him getting out much sooner if they combined them? Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

A black man who rams a cop car and points a hand gun at the cops (instead of a wallet or his bare hand) and only gets winged in the arm instead of shot 57 times?

YIKES! In Portland the cops would blast him with bullets!
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

I think he got exactly what he deserved. A sentence with no chance of parole. I can't fathom sitting at home and some fuck heads bust open my door and hold my family at gunpoint while they rob us. I say, take the key, lock the door and throw it away.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:43 am

tmontyb wrote:

I think he got exactly what he deserved. A sentence with no chance of parole. I can't fathom sitting at home and some fuck heads bust open my door and hold my family at gunpoint while they rob us. I say, take the key, lock the door and throw it away.

Well, that would be justice if murderers or child molesters received the same fate. They don't. Until that becomes the norm for them, I'm sorry, 270 yrs is still bullshit. If you're going to sentence someone to life, then just do life without parole. No need to antagonize the situation with a bogus sentence.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Well, that would be justice if murderers or child molesters received the same fate. They don't. Until that becomes the norm for them, I'm sorry, 270 yrs is still bullshit. If you're going to sentence someone to life, then just do life without parole. No need to antagonize the situation with a bogus sentence.

I wish it were that simple. Life without parole is not etched in stone. Believe it or not someone who gets that sentences can be paroled in 15-25 years. Yep! That's our good old justice system, so the judge in this case added up every single count and it came out to 270 years with no parole in sight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:46 pm