CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Highlander

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Highlander Empty Highlander

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Has anybody seen this show from the 90s and if so, what did you think of it?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Highlander Empty Re: Highlander

Post by Chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 pm

I remember the show, but never watched it. Was it strongly akin to the film, or did it do its own thing?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm

The first episode had Connor MacLeod in it, visiting his cousin, Duncan MacLeod, who was the show's 'hero'. It pretty much did its own thing, Immortals could be injured and in fact die, but they wouldn't stay dead until their heads were cut off. And they brought in Watchers, mortals with tattoos who recorded everything about all Immortals even though Immortals weren't to know Watchers existed and their files weren't to be opened until all Immortals were dead. I never really understood that aspect of it. Overall it was a pretty good show, except for the 6th season, that was total crap.

On a side note, I was on a Highlander board and got all but booted off because I often criticized the alleged 'hero' of the show for being hypocritical, following rules only when it suited him and expecting everybody to live up to his expectations if they were to be his friend, or else. That and because to discuss a certain episode, you couldn't just make your own thread about it, you had to find THE thread for that episode EVEN if it meant going back through a year's worth of posts to find it. Incidentally, is there anything like that on here? A sort of 'no more than one thread about this subject allowed or else' thing?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 pm

It's funny you should say that, because not too long ago (probably just a few days ago, actually) I actually stumbled across a Highlander message board, and was shocked at how *seriously* they took the show. It was a like a religious cult.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm almost afraid to ask, what was the name of the board?
    If it's the same one, I agree they take it SOOOOO seriously, and they're all so loyal to the show's main character, Duncan MacLeod. He can never do anything wrong, even when he's a hypocrite and takes pleasure in killing people who don't deserve it, and then does nothing and lets innocent people be killed, he's still not doing anything wrong. Or then it's 'well he's still human, he still makes mistakes'. Well a human who makes mistakes like that does not a hero for a series make.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:20 am

Supernova wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask, what was the name of the board?
    If it's the same one, I agree they take it SOOOOO seriously, and they're all so loyal to the show's main character, Duncan MacLeod. He can never do anything wrong, even when he's a hypocrite and takes pleasure in killing people who don't deserve it, and then does nothing and lets innocent people be killed, he's still not doing anything wrong. Or then it's 'well he's still human, he still makes mistakes'. Well a human who makes mistakes like that does not a hero for a series make.

I forget the name, but I think it had a bright navy blue background. They were hardcore in their devotion to the show, though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:22 am

Not the same one then because the background of the one I'm talking about is black. But, I guess it's true what they say. People ARE alike all over, scary as that is.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm

heard of it but never watched it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:32 am

A pretty good show, except for the whole sixth season, that was an accident waiting to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 pm