CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Marc™
Impact
Nystyle709
Jason B.
Tony Marino
Supernova
CatEyes10736
SkwirtB
RobbieFTW
stavdash
Chris
15 posters

The 'Pink' discussion thread

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Pink' discussion thread

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Supernova wrote:

Maybe, but the problem with that is what the first album was, wasn't what Pink wanted her whole musical career to be based of, the later albums brought out her true self. But damn she sure did come a long way from Can't Take Me Home on, didn't she? Listen to that, and then listen to Missunaztood, and then listen to her at Funhouse, and her voice is completely different.

No, she changed it when she realized she wasn't going to sell being the next 'Teena Marie' cause the R&B world wasn't feeling her like that. I can't stand when Pink and her fans like to act as if her "Can't Take Me Home" album didn't/doesn't exist. Like somebody forced her do music she didn't want to do. She signed with LaFace and L.A. Reid. What kind album did she think they were expecting? What kind of artist did she think they wanted her to be? What kind of artist did she think they thought they were signing? Pink has a very 'soul'ful voice. It's not 'poppy', carebear sounding at all. That's how they were going to market her and she knew it when she took their album deal. Didn't like it, she should've went somewhere else. She needs to stop trying to front like CTMH was such a bad experience for her. And quite frankly, it is her best damn album. I know I stopped following her ass after that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:04 am

Chris wrote:Pink's greatest hits album, Greatest Hits…So Far, is being released on November 16. This is the first single, "Raise Your Glass."

Greatest hits...after, what, 11 years already? Well, why not? I guess if TLC can do it after 10...of course they pretty much HAD to do that because Lisa died and the music WAS through, but Pink? Although I WAS wondering when she was going to have another album come out.

Oh and is it me, or does anybody else wish she would've done Bohemian Rhapsody on a real album number instead of just taking it from her concert performance?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:09 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    No, she changed it when she realized she wasn't going to sell being the next 'Teena Marie' cause the R&B world wasn't feeling her like that.

I don't think so. You listen to the first album, and the songs are about 'I want real love' and stuff like that, then go to the next album, the song based on her parents' divorce, 'I don't want love to destroy me like it has done my family'. Then go to I'm Not Dead, the song Long Way to Happy, 'Thanks to you years ago, I guess I'll never know what love means to me'. She goes from being all about 'real love' to basically saying 'screw love, I don't need it, I have no use for it', 'I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for all the sleepless nights and for tearing me apart'.

AND, being everybody loves the girl singers who can't stop going on about how much they love somebody, it's unlikely she would go against the grain of that JUST to make sure she sold. Doing what she did seemed to guarantee the opposite, because people of this generation really don't seem to be into 'love is a bitch', otherwise all those stupid preppie boy bands of last decade wouldn't have been as big as they were.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 51gzEl%2BA7UL._SS500_

Tracklist:
    1. Get The Party Started
    2. There You Go
    3. Don't Let Me Get Me (LP Version/Radio Edit)
    4. Just Like A Pill (Main)
    5. Family Portrait
    6. Trouble
    7. Stupid Girls (Main Version) [Explicit]
    8. Who Knew (Main Version)
    9. U + Ur Hand (Main Version) [Explicit]
    10. Dear Mr. President Featuring Indigo Girls (Main Version)
    11. Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) (Main Version) [Explicit]
    12. So What (Main Version) [Explicit]
    13. Sober (Main Version)
    14. Please Don't Leave Me (Main Version)
    15. Bad Influence (Main Version)
    16. Funhouse (Main Version) [Explicit]
    17. I Don't Believe You (Main Version)
    18. Whataya Want From Me
    19. Raise Your Glass (Explicit Version)
    20. F**kin' Perfect (Explicit Version)
    21. Heartbreak Down (Explicit Version)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 am

It's going to be great when it comes out.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I am pretty excited about the album coming out. I like the first single a lot. I have all her albums but will most likely go to the store (not Itunes) and pick this up.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

It was announced today on MSN that Pink is pregnant! bear hug cheers cool dance RIGHT ON! Major congratulations for her!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Supernova wrote:It was announced today on MSN that Pink is pregnant! bear hug cheers cool dance RIGHT ON! Major congratulations for her!

Pink Pregnant with First Child
    By Mike Fleeman
    Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:45 PM EST

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 Pink-240
    Pink and Carey Hart
    Alexandra Wyman/WireImage

The rumors are true: Pink is going to be a mom.

The singer confirmed Internet reports, triggered by photos showing her with an apparent baby bump, that she and husband Carey Hart are expecting their first child and that doctor believes the baby will be a girl.

"My mom has always wished me a daughter just like me," Pink, 31, says on The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing Wednesday. "I'm terrified one of us will go to jail."

Asked by DeGeneres why she waited to confirm the rumors until now, Pink said, "I didn't
    want to talk about it because I was just really nervous and I have had a miscarriage before."

As for whether the baby was planned, she said, "I worked for it. ... It was not an 'oops.'"

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20442757,00.html
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 pm

At least somebody still knows how to keep a secret, man, I never knew she miscarried. Best of wishes to her this go around, and I hope she DOES have a girl.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Pink Scores Third #1 Single With ‘Raise Your Glass’

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 Pink-raise-your-glass

2010 keeps getting better for Pink. The Pop superstar scored her third #1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 this week as ‘Raise You Glass’ climbed to the top spot, finally ending the reign of Rihanna’s ‘Only Girl (in The World)’ which has now fallen to #3. Pink’s previous #1 songs include last year’s ‘So What’ and 2001’s ‘Lady Marmalade’ – a collaboration with Mya, Lil Kim and Christina Aguilera.

Another act with reason to ‘raise their glass’ are the Black Eyed Peas whose ‘The Time (Dirty Bit)’
    has risen from #13 to #9 on the chart. This achievement means that the
    group now has 9 top 10 singles, 6 of which were accomplished within the
    last 21 months.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 am

Alright! Pink knocked that pathetic Rhianna off the top of the chart! The queen is dead, long live the new queen! LOL
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 pm

The video for "Fuckin Perfect" is out.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 am

Supernova wrote:At least somebody still knows how to keep a secret, man, I never knew she miscarried. Best of wishes to her this go around, and I hope she DOES have a girl.

I hope that they have a boy. I feel like she could be a great mom to a boy. And Carey would love a boy to teach to ride moto.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 am

Great video, she has.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 Empty A Very Pregnant Pink Steps Out in Malibu (Photo)

Post by Chris Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 am

http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/30/very-pregnant-pink-malibu-photo/

A Very Pregnant Pink Steps Out in Malibu (Photo)
    By Kelly Fisher Posted May 30th 2011 10:30AM

The 'Pink' discussion thread - Page 2 Pink-pregnant2

A very pregnant Pink and husband Carey Hart started their Memorial Day weekend right when the pair hit up brunch and the beach in Malibu on Saturday.

According to OK! Magazine, the expecting parents dropped by Neptunes, the famous Malibu restaurants and dined outside with friends.

Pink recently made headlines when she lashed out at Selena Gomez's use of pink horses for a video shoot.

"If there are any animal activists around Malibu- at Leo Cabrillo State beach, there are horses being painted for a stupid music video. Shame," singer, Pink tweeted. "Artists should be more aware and responsible for their actions."

But for now, it looks like the singer only has one thing on her mind: her new baby. Pink and Hart are expecting their first child this summer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 am

I read that she should be having it within a week and I hope so because she looks about ready to pop.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Supernova wrote:I read that she should be having it within a week and I hope so because she looks about ready to pop.

Tell me about it - she could blow any minute! laughing

She looks cute, though, I like her outfit!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 31, 2011 7:52 pm

I thought she and that guy broke up?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 pm

They did, a couple years back, then they got back together after she had him come to the shoot of her So What video to be in it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:39 am

didnt know she was pregnant, congrats to her and her guy.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 am

Congratulations to Pink and Carey Hart on the birth of their daughter, Willow Sage. Not too bad of a celeb baby name. I suspect she is cute as a button.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 am

I can't believe the birth wasn't announced anywhere on MSN and I had to scroll down through a bunch of sites and links to find the announcement! You can be sure if it was anybody else they'd have it plastered on the front of every page, but regardless, cool dance cheers (rah) cheers RIGHT ON! yay GO Pink!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 am