CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

Books about bombs, booby traps, improvised munitions, explosives, etc.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Books about bombs, booby traps, improvised munitions, explosives, etc. Empty Books about bombs, booby traps, improvised munitions, explosives, etc.

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 am

Probably the most famous of these is the notorious Anarchist Cookbook which has gotten a few people in hot water over the years...funny, given the whole freedom of speech, freedom of press thing, I wouldn't think we'd have come to the time when you can be arrested just for owning a book, but I digress. If you browse through these items on Amazon you will find books with the US Government, the military, and the Department of Defense listed as the authors, so if Uncle Sam is behind these, why should anybody have to worry about being seen as a threat just because they buy the books, right? Others have their own independent authors which are more likely to raise eyebrows when purchased according to some reviewers.

Anyway, I've said before I find it funny that it's perfectly legal to publish instructions on how to make a bomb but at the same time you really never see any such instructions for booby traps because sabes que 'it's illegal', eh? Now, I've said this before, maybe not here, but I think booby traps should be allowable in some situations. Take the unfortunately oh too familiar woman is being hunted by husband, ex, boyfriend, whatever, and he makes plenty of threats but the cops 'oh we can't do anything until he actually HURTS somebody' which he won't stop at but will exceed past into actually killing them. So if she knows she's in danger and any 'offered' help can't be bothered to make sure she doesn't get killed, why shouldn't she have the right to set some booby traps on her property to protect herself? Granted this gets into a lot of questions of hows and what ifs, but I digress.

Anyway, have you ever read any books covering these subjects and do you think people should be eyed suspiciously just because they might happen to buy or read them? My take on it is: when did curiosity become a crime?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 pm