CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Kral
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre Empty Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre

Post by Chris Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am

In a tweet, he posted...
    "We tell a story that was ground-breaking and powerful, then lose my job and am over-looked for a nomination. Daytime is such a joke."
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre Empty Re: Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Chris wrote:In a tweet, he posted...

He is right if any of the two should have been nominated it should have been him, Fish was a wet stick most of the time.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre Empty Re: Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre

Post by Kral Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:55 pm

He is right, but that was still a not so wise thing for him to say if he plans to work in daytime ever again. The daytime genre I hear is VERY touchy about actors who are critical of its practices. Say the wrong thing and they can find themselves blacklisted!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:41 am

I don't disagree with him, but the way he said that just makes him sound really bitter. Wasn't a very smart thing to do if he ever hopes to work in daytime again. I remember AMC banking on their "ground-breaking story" with a transgender who was in love with Bianca to get them an Emmy. A ground-breaking storyline doesn't guarantee an Emmy and AMC was shut out that year as a result of trying to use the story, rather than the actors, to get an Emmy.

To be honest, I was never all that into Fish & Kyle. They introduced them at a time when I was barely watching OLTL and doing a LOT of FFing. I just didn't have a lot of interest in OLTL and there were times a week or two would go by without me watching. I missed most of Kish because I was so disgusted with OLTL at the time. I found it hard to connect to all of the newbies coming on and Fish and Kyle weren't attached to anyone, so I just never got into them. I think if they'd been connected to core characters, it would have been different for me but tying them in with Rex & Gigi killed them for me, as I despise Rex & Gigi.

Last edited by TSJFan4Ever on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting typos)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:03 pm

IDK, I find it a bit arrogant to say personally that he was "overlooked" for a nomination. A lot of actors, especially from OLTL, delivered some stunning performances like usual, so I feel it unfair for HIM to be saying that he was overlooked. It's one thing for his fans to say it, but coming from him, it seems arrogant.

And as for losing his job, he's little different than a lot of actors in the entertainment industry in general. It isn't a Daytime thing, it's just the way the business works. It's cruel.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Kral wrote:He is right, but that was still a not so wise thing for him to say if he plans to work in daytime ever again. The daytime genre I hear is VERY touchy about actors who are critical of its practices. Say the wrong thing and they can find themselves blacklisted!

A large part of that has to do with daytime recycling its key people all over. If an actor blasts his time on OLTL, complaining about the way his character was handled or written out, then he may find himself in trouble when he goes to audition for DOOL, and comes face to face with the EP, HW or casting director who was just hired from OLTL. If Claywell is entertaining the idea of ever working in daytime again, he should keep his acrimony to himself—at least until after he lands another regular gig.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by sue67 Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Brett Claywell (ex-Kyle Lewis) slams the daytime genre 432211 Well I hate to be the mean one but anyhow even though Klye was a good character and there was no reason for Kish to go and I thought that they were one of the better written couples,but he's not owed an award by anyone, if he feels he did a good job he can be proud of that but this sounds like sourgrapes and looks bad, it doesn't help his career if the people who would wish to hire him have to worry about him going off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 pm