CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish)

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish) Empty What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish)

Post by Tony Marino Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:27 am

I think they are moving on a bit slow. Fish is definetly not a very strong player in this relationship, I want to see what happens when he finds out he is the daddy to Stacy's baby. All in all this gay couple dosen't do it for me, I think the actor playing Kyle is a much more seasond actor then Scott Evans. If I compare the gay couple from ATWT (Nuke) those two really rock and are much more interesting then Kish.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish) Empty Re: What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish)

Post by SecHandNews Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:13 pm

I like Kish. I think they're cute together. I would agree though that Brett Claywell is the better actor and that Scott Evans is somewhat one-note, but together they work IMO. My only problem with them so far has been how their story engulfed Viki and Dorian's mayoral race s/l. The show built it up as being a classic "Viki v. Dorian" story, when it turned out to be more of a prop for Kyle/Fish, but overall they're cute and human. They're moving past the PSA phase and are becoming just regular characters on the show, who do other things and are interact with others, and that's refreshing.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish) Empty Re: What do you think of Kyle and Fish (Kish)

Post by stavdash Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm honestly not a fan.

Oliver is the most simpering, sniffling, 'somebody-hug-me-please' character OLTL has ever had.
    Kyle, in the meantime, reads like a phony to me. One minute he's a con-in-training, then next he's this posturing harpy.

I don't care that they're gay, their personalities are annoying. The fact that they are Carlivati's two little teacher pets makes it all the more nerve pinching.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:43 am

They're boring and IMO they're only surviving on sensational hype, but they're both played by better actors than those ATWT Nuke guys. They are terrible to me.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Fish is a dork and the way he whines, cowers and spazes makes him the most non-believable cop TV ever created. Plus why would he NOT wanna know if the baby is his? He's standing right there while life and death decisions about a sick child that could be his are being made by other people in front of him. And Kyle? I haven't seen such a sanctimonious hypocrite since Antonio "Assholio" Vega. That they are OBVIOUSLY RC's darlings makes it all more annoying. I resent how they were dropped out of the clear blue sky and now are taking OLTL hostage. What's worse is that instead of being treated like any other character, they get elevated to higher proportions because being gay makes them more socio-political than everyone else. You got many gay and gay-friendly viewers who love the fact that they are gay and a couple so much that they dismiss everything wrong with them or their stories.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 am

TSJToddFan wrote:Fish is a dork and the way he whines, cowers and spazes makes him the most non-believable cop TV ever created. Plus why would he NOT wanna know if the baby is his? He's standing right there while life and death decisions about a sick child that could be his are being made by other people in front of him. And Kyle? I haven't seen such a sanctimonious hypocrite since Antonio "Assholio" Vega. That they are OBVIOUSLY RC's darlings makes it all more annoying. I resent how they were dropped out of the clear blue sky and now are taking OLTL hostage. What's worse is that instead of being treated like any other character, they get elevated to higher proportions because being gay makes them more socio-political than everyone else. You got many gay and gay-friendly viewers who love the fact that they are gay and a couple so much that they dismiss everything wrong with them or their stories.

I have to disagree about them getting "elevated to a higher proportion" Who gets more air time Kish or Johnny McPain?? There isn't a day that goes by where Johnny dosen't dominate the show talk about RC darlings I think Johnny should be in that category as well. Kish dosen't get half the air time that Johnny gets.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:43 pm

See to me there's a difference between an "RC darling" and a "Frons favorite'. McBain (and Gigi) is a Frons favorite and RC is obligated to keep him front and center, no matter what. Kish are RC's darlings. He gives them noticeably more affection in the writing than he does anyone else on the show and tilts the writing in their favor always. Notice how no one on the show is allowed to dislike Oliver & Kyle, but even John has his enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:30 am