CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

Anne Rice is writing a Werewolf Book

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Anne Rice is writing a Werewolf Book Empty Anne Rice is writing a Werewolf Book

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Can't wait to read it myself:

You read that title correctly, the legendary Anne Rice revealed that she is in fact writing a werewolf novel! As one of my favorite authors I am beyond excited that she is delving into the world of werewolves! If you have no idea why I’m so excited or who Anne Rice is (where have you been), this is the brilliant woman that wrote some of the most influential and widely beloved vampire novels. Rice’s Vampire Chronicles changed vampires forever and inspired countless authors to follow in her footsteps. Anne Rice writing a novel about werewolves is HUGE for werewolf fans. Knowing Anne, her werewolf book, titled The Wolf Gift, will be the greatest werewolf novel ever!

MTV Geek was lucky enough to chat with the acclaimed author at San Diego Comic-Con 2011. Rice discussed her awesome comic news, that two adaptations of her work are scheduled to come out from IDW Publishing (Servant of the Bones) and Yen Press (Interview With The Vampire), and then she shared how excited she is about a new werewolf book she’s working on – The Wolf Gift.

“It’s about a young man who becomes a werewolf. It’s my take on what that experience is like for that young man, to experience that transformation and how it works in his life and how he copes with it.” said Rice.

It reminds me of Interview with the Vampire, but instead of learning about the life of a vampire, Anne is exploring the world of a young werewolf. SO EXCITED!

Ahem, in the video interview (which you can watch below) Anne goes into it a little more explaining that like her vampire characters, her new werewolf character has to cope with what he is now. She also added that she is putting her own spin on werewolves, that she is bringing her well-known style to it and really exploring the inner workings of this young man’s mind.

http://www.werewolves.com/anne-rice-is-writing-a-werewolf-book/

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm