CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Empty Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 am

Some forums lend themselves to deception. Not anything like this forum, but I was part of a dog owner forum five years ago when I got my dog. People posted about missing dog missions and people donated to the cause with little fact checking. It was a perfect storm for a total scam.

Another site I was on for women trying to share info on money saving efforts were scammed by a chick who claimed to be pregnant then lost the baby and people sent her cash and gifts and it turned out she was a scammer.

If something awful happened to member here, I would donate to a pool if they were a regular. But I wouldn't ever fall prey to a scammer. Plus, I don't think anyone here would have the poor taste to ask, even if they were in a dire situation....because forum donations wouldn't amount to much, really.

Would you donate to someone you knew on a forum?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Empty Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:52 am

Outside of a spiffy reclining chair, no way.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Empty Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 am

I might.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

I accept cash and money orders... I ain't gonna lie, I'm just broke... help me out... CHEAPS
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

I did once but it was a situation in which the person I donated to had a lot of credibility. I was a member of a crafts message board and one of the members had a daughter with a brain injury and she had a caringbrige site up for her daughter so I knew she wasn't scammer.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:21 am

cheaps wrote:I accept cash and money orders... I ain't gonna lie, I'm just broke... help me out... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 1802614815

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 954338

Reminds of this time when I was in Indianapolis and there was this homeless guy outside with a sign that asked people if they could spare a dollar. Then underneath it, it said "I ain't gonna lie, I'm just going to use the money to buy beer". I thought it was great. I gave him two dollars.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Reminds of this time when I was in Indianapolis and there was this homeless guy outside with a sign that asked people if they could spare a dollar. Then underneath it, it said "I ain't gonna lie, I'm just going to use the money to buy beer". I thought it was great. I gave him two dollars.

OMG! We were in Indy in March and there was a guy outside the stadium holding a sign that said something about needing more beer money to support his homeless habit.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

laughing

If nobody else gave him anything, at least he coulda bought a 40 with wat you gave him big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 am

cheaps wrote:

laughing

If nobody else gave him anything, at least he coulda bought a 40 with wat you gave him Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 273237

He could've bought two. Hope he enjoyed it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:24 am

Two 40's for $2? How long ago was that?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Two 40's for $2? How long ago was that?

Two years ago. If they're $2 here, I figured they'd be cheaper outside of NYC..... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 2517814472
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Two years ago. If they're $2 here, I figured they'd be cheaper outside of NYC..... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 2517814472

Nope, they are about $2 or more around here also.

I used to drink 40's (I know, GAG!!! Vomit ) and they've always been about $2 for one.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd consider it....but with all the scams and dishonesty online, theirs is a case that needs to be especially compelling and they'd need to prove their situation in someway.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:52 pm

If I talked to them for a lengthy amount of time outside of the forum and we became friends, and through time I realize them to be an honest person, then sure. Not too much though, I can't send something I can't afford to lose!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:00 am