CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
femme fatale
Nystyle709
Supernova
8 posters

Madonna's brother is homeless

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Madonna's brother is homeless Empty Madonna's brother is homeless

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2052270/Madonnas-brother-homeless-Anthony-Ciccone-living-rough-Michigan-streets.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Well it would seem, if we didn't have proof enough already that she was a crazy bitch, this would just confirm it.

We don't have a spare room in our house for anybody, not even a room we can consider taking the stuff out and converting into a guest room, but all the time we're considering if somebody we know has to move here because they can't afford to live where they are, we would figure something out, some way that they could stay here until further notice. She has more money than brains and looks combined, and she'll let her brother die in the cold?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Madonna's brother is homeless Empty Re: Madonna's brother is homeless

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah.....that's fucked up Madge. How you gonna let your brother be homeless? Even if I hated his guts. I would at least get him an apartment to live in.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 am

Totally. Especially in the fall and winter when temperatures are going to be fricking freezing and below. You can see where her priorities lie, or rather where they don't.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 pm

It's my understanding that her brother is an addict who won't get help and has tried to leech off of her before. If I were her, I wouldn't help him either. Sometimes letting family get themselves out of the jams they got themselves into is the only way they will learn.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm

But do people who won't get help say that they HAVEN'T gotten help, that everybody has turned their back on them? My older stepbrother is the biggest screw up in the family but we still try to help him because we're the only exposure to any sane people he has. And considering he saw one friend lose all his toes to frostbite, which he's also getting, and saw another die...I don't know, even if it wasn't longterm you'd think he'd take some kind of help if offered.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 pm

The way I see it if you're over 30 you have 2 or 3 times to be helped out by family. If they can't learn a lesson and get their heads screwed on tight after a certain point, then it's time to let them sleep the bed they created for themselves. Helping them again and again and again is just creating a codependent situation. They'll never learn if all the family does is continue to wipe their butt in the face of all their stupid life choices and will keep coming back like a stray cat.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Ask yourself this, why hasn't she helped him out and why did the father let him go from the family business? There is no way the father would have cut him loose if he didn't do something pretty bad and that goes for Madonna too. He must have burnt her pretty good.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 pm

What do we know about their father though? I personally never heard one word about him.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I heard he worked for the family winery and allegedly drunk up the profits. The whole family was disgusted by his antics that they all said "enough" and wouldn't help him out anymore. If that were me I'd react the same way. I'm not in the business of supporting habitual screwups, even if they are family. If you're homeless through no fault of your own and I can see that you are trying to be proactive in getting your shit back together, then I'll throw some help your way for the time being....but if you're a hopeless drifter who doesn't do anything, is always fucking up and never learns....then I don't know you, go find a shelter.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Supernova wrote:What do we know about their father though? I personally never heard one word about him.

SN Italian fathers NEVER deny their sons help unless that son has disgraced the family in some way or another. Being 80 years old Mr. Ciccone is certainly an old school Italian father.

rogelynB
    rogelynB
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by rogelynB Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:28 am

i understand Madonna's brother but I think he shouldn't be addictive and forget about his life.
    Judy P.
    Judy P.
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by Judy P. Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:20 pm

I can understand the family not wanting to help him if he is an addict and they have tried over and over to help him, but I would at least try to rent him a room so he didn't have to sleep under a bridge. If he died because of the cold I would think it would be pretty hard to live with the fact that I was rich and didn't even provide him with just a room.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Judy P. wrote:I can understand the family not wanting to help him if he is an addict and they have tried over and over to help him, but I would at least try to rent him a room so he didn't have to sleep under a bridge. If he died because of the cold I would think it would be pretty hard to live with the fact that I was rich and didn't even provide him with just a room.

^This, if nothing else, get the poor bastard a roof over his head with adjustable temperature.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am

People delve into drugs of their own accord. No sympathies from here.

I don't have it in me to enable. I once had a nephew show up here from California and call me for a place to stay because he was in a jam. But this guy is a dead-beat, and one week of him just being here was all I could take. I bought him a one-way ticket home. He could have disembarked anywhere but he also knew he wasn't welcome back to my house anymore.

And people in both our families know that we're not the people to turn to when they're in a jam. I so despise having people in my house that it would be only a matter of days before things would get ugly under my roof.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:51 pm