CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy Empty I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Dentists say the best course of action is to let the kids essentially "pig out" on candy on Halloween night, then toss the leftovers.

Granted, kids shouldn't snack on sweets throughout the day, but I think it is a terrible recommendation to have the kids eat themselves sick for the sake of their dental health. Parents should take possession of the candy and let kids pick one piece per night.

We still have chocolate in the freezer from last year. Chocolate freezes very well.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy Empty Re: I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Well, my husband and I had moms with the same opposite idea: Halloween we could eat all the garbage we wanted and they monitor the rest of it. I really don't think it added any detriment to our teeth.

Husband's mother did the same thing on Christmas Day ~ all the candy and goodies they wanted for that one day. However, Christmas goodies was absent from my house.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy Empty Re: I don't agree with dentists' recommendations for Halloween candy

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm

We never hit a lot of houses, just the ones we knew, so we never really had a lot of candy, so it wasn't any big deal for us to eat some on Halloween, and the rest in the next days to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:49 pm