CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
Impact
JM130ELM
Nystyle709
Alden
Jason B.
Chris
MFD10
Tony Marino
Marc™
UMo
14 posters

Is your biological clock ticking ?

UMo
    UMo
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Is your biological clock ticking ? Empty Is your biological clock ticking ?

Post by UMo Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Every year my clock ticks a little louder, the worst part is when people (family) ask or remind you about your child-less life. Seeing friends who're my age and younger with kids just stinks. Does anyone else want kids? If you have them, do you want anymore?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Is your biological clock ticking ? Empty Re: Is your biological clock ticking ?

Post by Marc™ Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:37 pm

I was 20 when my twins were born and I vowed I wouldn't have any more for at least another decade (as big a ho I am, how I managed to keep that pledge is beyond me but I did.)
    Now I'm starting to entertain thoughts of another one.

:::: I'm looking @ you Nystyle709 ::::

I season, you bake....

Is your biological clock ticking ? 794954
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Nope I have nieces and nephews that are like my own children so I have no desire to be a full time daddy.
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by MFD10 Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

I have two kids (7 and 4) and am really not looking to have anymore any time soon, if ever. Maybe, but not for a good long while.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm

I have one. If I ever get married, but only if I get married, I'd be open to the idea of one more. If I never have any more, though, then that's totally fine.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I was ok with not having any in my 20s, but ever since I turned 30, my mind has been more fixated on having at least one.
    Alden
    Alden
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Alden Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 am

It's probably never gonna happen for me and I'm ok with it. I have five nieces and nephews who I can swoop up and play with, w/o having deal deal with any of the "parental" BS that comes with the cuteness. I barely even have to ask my sister and brother in law if they can stay with me for a weekend before she's handing me their overnight bags. Then by the time it gets to be too much, I send them by to their parents and relax again. I have a nice sized home, am on the verge of buying my second car and am planning a big trip early next year.

How easy would any of that be if I had even 1 kid shackled to my shadow/insurance/credit?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:16 am

A little while ago, I was feeling somewhat 'maternal' quite often, but I got over that quick. I know that I want kids someday and I think 30 is the perfect age to start having children. I'm not yet 30 so I don't feel my clock ticking at all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:21 am

Marc wrote:I was 20 when my twins were born and I vowed I wouldn't have any more for at least another decade (as big a ho I am, how I managed to keep that pledge is beyond me but I did.)
    Now I'm starting to entertain thoughts of another one.

:::: I'm looking @ you Nystyle709 ::::

I season, you bake....

Is your biological clock ticking ? 794954

Hmmm, I'll bake.....but I don't know if you want to go there. I'm potent. You already have one set of twins and twins run on both sides of my family. We might be seasoning and baking two instead of one. Is your biological clock ticking ? Icon_biggrin
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Don't want kids.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm

I got 3 kids:
    Sarah, 9...Deena, 4...Lil Elijah, 18 months.

Really think I'm done.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Hmmm, I'll bake.....but I don't know if you want to go there. I'm potent. You already have one set of twins and twins run on both sides of my family. We might be seasoning and baking two instead of one. Is your biological clock ticking ? Icon_biggrin

Meh.

Is your biological clock ticking ? Icon_neutral

Got any single girlfriends?

Last edited by Marc on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:02 pm

To be perfectly honest, the ticking is starting to vibrate a bit. I, however, don't want to be a single mother. So if it ever happens, I will need to be involved in a stable long-term relationship with his or her daddy, preferably for a few years prior to his or her birth.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Marc wrote:

Meh.

Is your biological clock ticking ? Icon_neutral

Got any single girlfriends?

Yup. Can't vouch for their potency though. You might wind up with triplets, lol.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 pm

I do wonder what a baby would look like from me. I know I would love it to death no matter what it looked like.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:44 am

UMo wrote:Every year my clock ticks a little louder, the worst part is when people (family) ask or remind you about your child-less life. Seeing friends who're my age and younger with kids just stinks. Does anyone else want kids? If you have them, do you want anymore?

Oh God, don't even get me started on this. Yes! sad I want children passionately. Every birthday for the past 3 years I have been on the verge of tears thinking about how I'm still not a mommy yet. The guy I've been seeing says he's open to them in the future, but makes it sound like "future" is a far way off. Sounds a bit neurotic, but I really want to at have one before turning thirty.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 am

Tony Marino wrote:I do wonder what a baby would look like from me. I know I would love it to death no matter what it looked like.

https://conversationchamber.forumotion.net/the-alcove-general-discussion-f2/pictures-of-yourself-thread-t786.htm#4795

Tony, it would take you knocking up some chick who was bludgeoned with the ugly stick for you to not produce totally gorgeous kids.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

It sort of is, but I'm ok with hitting the snooze button a few more times before I hop out of bed. IA with Nhaiyel saying that she doesn't want to be a single mother because I don't either. But I have to admit that years ago I probably imagined having some by now.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:https://conversationchamber.forumotion.net/the-alcove-general-discussion-f2/pictures-of-yourself-thread-t786.htm#4795

Tony, it would take you knocking up some chick who was bludgeoned with the ugly stick for you to not produce totally gorgeous kids.

Tony could have a kid with a sasquatch, and it would still look good enough to model for a Macy's catalog. 😆
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm

I have one son, and I would be lying if I never thought that I would like a second just to have a baby when I could enjoy it all...I was young and poor when he was born and for a while after. Actually, I was young when he was born, and poor for a while after!
    Now, some friends my age are having babies, and I see how they are not stressing the finances, and I am jealous of that experience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am