CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Chris
10 posters

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post by Chris Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:19 am

Of course you cannot make someone have a relationship with you if they wish to not, but should everyone know who their biological parents are, even if their biological parents put them up for adoption and moved on?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Re: Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am

If they want to know, they should have that right to know, how awful would that be to spend your whole life trying to figure out where you originally came from and nobody will tell you because they don't think it's any of your business? How you came into this world is none of your own business?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Re: Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 am

If they want to know, then yes, I believe they do have a right to know.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:49 am

That's a difficult situation but I think they have a right to know...but it has to be fair to everyone. There isn't a right to a relationship. But I think the biological parents should respect the child's need to know & the child has to respect the parents desires as well. And it works the same way in reverse. But yes they do have a right to at least know & have access to family medical history.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Yeah everyone should know what their heredity is. Even if they never meet them in person, someone adopted should know the names of their birth parents.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah, they have the right to know, but as Cece said, they don't have a right to a relationship. That is an excellent point. I think that many get disappointed and want to walk into a relationship with birth parent(s) and usually are let down.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:08 pm

If they know they are adopted and are curious about their biological parents then why not, they should know.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:29 pm

I think so, I think they should also be given an accurate health history.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm

I think they have a right to at least know their names but they shouldn't pry beyond that though.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 am

I think they have a right to know. esp. when it comes to medical history.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am