CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim Empty Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim
    9:05 AM, Nov 16, 2011

KNTV - Monica Salazar left her car running in front of Campbell, California apartment.

The next thing she knew, it was gone.

Salazar went through a roller coaster of emotions: anger, frustration and sadness.

"I was distraught. I was hurt," she said. "I was like, beating myself up because how stupid could I be you know? But then I'm like, how could somebody do that?"

Salazar knew the odds of getting her 2004 Scion back were not great, but she remembered leaving her cell phone in the car.

With nothing to lose, her sister decided to text Monica's phone.

One of the messages: "Can you please return the stolen car?"

This thief seemed to have a conscience. He called Monica back and told her where to find her car.

She found it parked outside of a Santa Clara KFC.

"In the middle of this chaos and the confusion, something happened in this man. Whether it was what I said, my sister said, the text, something happened. He didn't have to return it," she said.

The car means the world to Monica. She calls her vehicle "Gloria," named after her mother, who recently passed away.

She keeps a picture of her mother and sister in the visor and has CDs with her mom's favorite songs on them.

Losing the car would have been devastating.

"He returned it. It's in one piece. And I just hope he's okay wherever he's at," Monica said.

KNTV

Source:
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286042/28/Man-returns-stolen-car-after-receiving-text-from-victim
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim Empty Re: Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm

If only more crooks were like that.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim Empty Re: Man returns stolen car after receiving text from victim

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Cool.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Very surprising. Glad things worked out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 pm