CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
AtownPeep
Forgiveness Man
TSJFan4Ever
Jason B.
Supernova
Nystyle709
Marc™
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Chris
14 posters

How are you liking your summer so far?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How are you liking your summer so far? Empty How are you liking your summer so far?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm

How's you summer going so far? So far, I haven't done much. June has been pretty much a go-to-work-and-come-home type of month. Mainly because my car has been acting up lately. Told myself that starting tomorrow (July 1), I'm gonna start acting like it's summer and start having some more fun in my free time.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How are you liking your summer so far? Empty Re: How are you liking your summer so far?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 pm

So funny you posted this because I was just thinking that it is already July and I have not hit Summer mode properly yet. Cruddy work stuff this week has me anticipating Sept. arriving and I literally made myself make a mental note of ways to take a step back and enjoy what Summer has to offer. My son's sport keeps us so consumed from April to October and I have enjoyed that, mostly. But I have been remiss on grilling out, drinks outside, and just soaking in the warm.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How are you liking your summer so far? Empty Re: How are you liking your summer so far?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Aside from the miserable humidity the summer is going pretty well. I plan on taking a vacation I think in August. Here in NY we went from Winter to Summer, no spring so thats why summer hasn't had a big jump start yet. This weekend will really be the beginning of the summer for me.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 pm

I'll take solace in the fact that it's only a week or so old, but so far my summer has been pretty lame.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 pm

I didn't have any concrete plans but it's aiight so far I guess. Two months left to go....I got time to make it more interesting.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 am

Hmmmm, doesn't seem to be a smiley that fits the situation. Though these probably sum it up pretty well:

How are you liking your summer so far? 778350 How are you liking your summer so far? 46951 How are you liking your summer so far? 46951 How are you liking your summer so far? 46951

I'm hoping with the beginning of a new month coming up that things will improve soon.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Haven't done anything or gone anywhere really. It will pick up soon eventually.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

bump
    Just a little over a month left.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

My summer was going good until my accident, now its just a nightmare everyday.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Pretty good. I'm going away this weekend which will be great 'cause I'll get to see my niece. Hard to believe the summer is going so fast, though. I'm not ready for fall.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 pm

It's summer.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:25 am

It's been slow and hot. So hot that too many days I find myself doing nothing because I'm trying to avoid the heat.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:19 pm

My summer has sucked. I've done nothing, gone nowhere and at this point and basically ready for fall.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Well summer's wrapping down and overall I've had a pretty good time, we had a blast at the 4th of July, I got to go to a movie for the first time in 9 months, I went bowling, I went to the fair and rode the Scrambler, the Trabant, the Spider, the bumper cars, the Ferris wheel and those 50 foot slides.

For the most part it was good, and here's something that I think would be appropriate for the occasion of we're entering the back to school period:

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:29 am

My summer is going great. Loving every second of it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 am

Another good thing about my summer is I've FINALLY started to get back into tennis after years of being away and I'm really enjoying it. Had a few lessons with a top notch coach and have even found a few friends who are also beginners so we can hit the ball around. Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

My summer has been okay. I've gotten away for the weekend here and there....but I haven't gone anywhere far. I definitely have to take a vacation before the year is over with.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm realizing that summer is going by far too fast! My tennis coach is in town for a few days so I was able to get a lesson today and will have another one tomorrow and I think he's going to help me pick out a decent racket. He wasn't impressed with mine, which was a hand-me down of an old school racket. I was barely playing and got it as a freebie, but he tried playing with it and said it was time for a new one, esp. if I'm going to get into tennis.

Going away this weekend to spoil my beautiful niece. Can't wait to see her. It's been over 2 months and I miss her SO much! she's just a baby, so every time I see her, I notice huge changes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:13 am

TSJ, it is so funny that you talk about being coached in tennis. On a much smaller scale, I thought last summer about doing a clinic that my suburb offered. But I thought I would probably not be good enough. Then, one day, my son and I arrived at the courts, waiting for that course to finish so we could get a court, and I thought, "Damn, I suck but am better than them..." And I was pissed for not signing up. This year, I let lack of self confidence reign, and did not sign up, and I wish I had. Next year...
    TexasLady
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TexasLady Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 am

Chris wrote: bump
    Just a little over a month left.

I live in Texas and we have much longer then another month to endure the horrible heat we have had this summer and we have had 100+ temps for over a month now with very high humidity. We will have at least another 6 weeks of summer and start cooling off a little in Oct. I hate winter but this will be one summer that I want to say goodbye to. We bought a new boat and can't even go out on the lake and fish it is so hot. Hopefully we will get out in Oct. and get some fishing done.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:57 am

It's been a very pedestrian summer for me. Haven't been able to go anywhere or do anything special. Just work, come home...work, come home. Every now and then I get to venture downtown for some outdoor shopping, but that's been about the thick of it.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm

bump
    How's your 2011 summer going?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Oh man, I hadn't realized that I had posted on this last year, and now I can't remember WHAT was going on last year that I thought June was so terrible.

This summer has certainly been eventful, we got a new pool, not as big as the one from last year but it serves its purpose, our garden has not been flourishing as much and as fast as it did before, we're stuck with my sister's two dogs for I don't know how long, our neighbor kids are home this summer which means every single time they see us out they think we can drop what we're doing and entertain them all day, the 4th of July was good, and in a couple of weeks we'll be going to the county fair and I hope to have a good time there. Overall though, it's been so so leaning on the side of pretty good.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:10 pm

It's summer, again. Razz
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:44 pm

I haven't done much, either. This is onyl really my second day of summer holidays. Summer itself has been slow to get here. It's been such a cold and rainy spring that it feels more like fall and it's only just now starting to get close to where temps normally are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:28 am