CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Bluesmama
FireIce918
RedBedroom
8 posters

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Empty Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 am

Granted we all visit those very close to us when they are in the hospital, without question.

But what about those who are not that close? Do you just send a card and avoid the hospital visit?

In a strange circumstance, my aunt's (aunt by marriage) brothers were in a vehicle accident this week and were flown to my city for treatment. I sorta/kinda know one of the guys, but not the other one. I wasn't wanting to go to the hospital though my dad expected me to.

I ended up calling the one I know all each night this week to see if he needed anything. He didn't and I assume he didn't want me there any more than I wanted to be.

FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Empty Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?

Post by FireIce918 Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:14 am

I hate going to the hospital period. Can't stand going to my grandma's assisted living facility, either. Gives me the heebie jeebies.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Empty Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?

Post by Bluesmama Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 am

It doesn't bother me. It bothers my husband, he hates it. Not all patients necessarily want visitors but how would you know?

However, I had trouble looking at one friend in the hospital who was desperate to live, and she looked so bad. Worse, I knew from the first visit she was going to die. Other friends thought I was just being a pessimist, and that I was wrong. But. . . she died.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 am

The hospital itself does not bother me, I was a Nursing Assistant for years. But as pointed out, sick ppl don't always want to be visited.

Altho I have never stayed in the hospital more than a couple of days at a time - I imagine if I were not too uncomfortable or drugged I might look forward to a visit. But the time I was in I was not really wanting to be visited. It is usually just a social obligation for most ppl.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 am

I haven't been to a hospital since I was born.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:23 am

It can be uncomfortable for me, if they real close though, I'll go visit regardless.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:39 pm

It doesn't bother me much. I remember going to see my co-worker in the hospital the day before she passed and I didn't know her that well. I went just to show my support.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:23 am

Not comfortable, but depending on who it is I'll do it anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:48 am