CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
8 posters

Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office? Empty Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 am

Do the extramarital affairs and/or sex scandals of political officials make them unfit or unworthy to hold their political rank in your opinion?

In terms of a higher elected political official - such as Senator, Governor, President, etc., etc. Would the fact that the political figure had an extramarital affair be cause for you to want that person to vacate their job?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office? Empty Re: Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office?

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am

I'm more interested in actual job performance. But don't spout off about "family values", "morality", hold yourself above the masses or quote bible verses when you're knee deep in it yourself because I WILL laugh at you. And part of the problem now is that it's so uneven. If it's cause to fire them, then fire them ALL. As an example, Anthony Weiner should not have been forced to resign when the spokesman for Pampers was not. I don't care what people are doing in their private life. All I care about is that they do the job they were hired or elected to do.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office? Empty Re: Do sex scandals and extramarital affairs cause political officals to become no longer fit to hold office?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 pm

It's not a good look, but no. Their job performance is more important.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I think it does pose the question though how can WE as the voters TRUST them to do the right thing when their own spouses can't trust them?
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Supernova wrote:I think it does pose the question though how can WE as the voters TRUST them to do the right thing when their own spouses can't trust them?

I agree with that but for the most part I don't put their personal screwup's over their job performance.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:20 pm

There was no bigger "whore" in the Presidential office than John F. Kennedy. I think he made Clinton look like a eunuch.

Point made.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 pm

It depends which party you are on. Razz
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 am

^ Typical.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:01 pm