CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
RedBedroom
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Bluesmama
Marc™
Nystyle709
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
13 posters

Retailers inspecting customers purchases.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Retailers inspecting customers purchases. Empty Retailers inspecting customers purchases.

Post by Chris Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

Assume you have just bought an item at any retailer, are walking straight from the register to the exit doors, and an employee at the door stops and asks to see only your store package and your receipt. There is no sign posted stating random inspections will take place.

Do you believe retailers have the right to inspect your purchase as you leave the store?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Retailers inspecting customers purchases. Empty Re: Retailers inspecting customers purchases.

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:29 am

This happens when you buy things from Sam's Club. I don't mind, I ain't stealing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Retailers inspecting customers purchases. Empty Re: Retailers inspecting customers purchases.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:33 am

When it's a store like Sam's you know going in so you can make the decision for yourself. I don't mind that. And I don't mind if it's a bigger ticket item like a TV or something. But don't stop me for a pack of toilet paper. Actually had that happen once. That little SOB would stop me every time. It was the TP that finally set me off. He didn't stop me after that lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, they do that at Wal-Mart. A lot if the time, I just go right past them. You can check my bag when I feel like it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

There better be a sign on the door specifying to customers that this is one of your store guidelines, otherwise I'm not obligated to stop.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm

This is how Costco does things and I have no problem whatsoever. Theft in stores is a humongous problem.

The Walmart here does not do that.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Walmart around here is the only place that will submit you to Nazi-like, random package inspections on your way out the door. One of these days I'm going to go in there just for the purpose of getting inspected, buy a box of tampons, and as they're checking my bag, break open the box, take one out and slide it into the checker's shirt pocket and say "Here you go--Christmas Tree ornament. Happy Holidays!" then wink at them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:39 pm

They do not do that here, although my father is always stopped because he somehow sets off the alarm going out every time. Now they did that with me once when I bought a new VCR/DVD player, had to stop me and check the ticket, I don't recall why...but why in the hell would they be stopping people to look in their bags? They DO have cameras everywhere in the freaking store.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I would be pissed if I felt like I was singled out for some reason.

I felt awkward a few weeks ago when I was at a big resale shop and purchased several books. The clerk paged through them to make sure nothing was stuck inside. As if there are many items that could be slipped inside the books.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:49 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I would be pissed if I felt like I was singled out for some reason.

I felt awkward a few weeks ago when I was at a big resale shop and purchased several books. The clerk paged through them to make sure nothing was stuck inside. As if there are many items that could be slipped inside the books.

What the hell did they think you did? Steal a bookmark? Idiots.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:05 pm

CeCe wrote:

What the hell did they think you did? Steal a bookmark? Idiots.

My guess is they had an issue with someone maybe sticking greeting cards in there or something. Still, it felt insulting.

They sell clothing there too but took the changing rooms out of the place because of theft.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:40 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

My guess is they had an issue with someone maybe sticking greeting cards in there or something. Still, it felt insulting.

They sell clothing there too but took the changing rooms out of the place because of theft.

It IS insulting. Especially when it appears you're being singled out.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 am

If they're polite about it when they approach then it doesn't really bother me.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:34 pm

It doesn't bother me in stores like Costo or Sam's Club, but it bothers me at Walmart, mainly because it's a not system wide policy to inspect packages. I've gone to many different Walmarts and I notice they are aggressive about inspecting bags in certain areas and they don't bother in others.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 pm

I don't mind it if it's something like a Best Buy but I don't appreciate supermarkets wanting to inspect my groceries.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:54 pm

It's always a little annoying but I can appreciate that it's store policy and don't make a fuss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:31 pm