CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
femme fatale
6 posters

Talking to people who are in mourning.

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Talking to people who are in mourning. Empty Talking to people who are in mourning.

Post by femme fatale Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:44 am

Do you find it difficult to express condolences or to come up with inspirational words to people who are in mourning?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Talking to people who are in mourning. Empty Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.

Post by Cheaps Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

Yes, I do. For the most part, I just try to listen and be there for them.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Talking to people who are in mourning. Empty Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:07 am

Yeah because there's really nothing you actually can say. You just have to try to not say the wrong thing. But there are no real word of comfort. It's better just to be there for them.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 am

I don't even try, I just offer my condolences and ask is there anything I can do for them. They may not have an answer but the gesture won't go unnoticed, many people just want their pain to be acknowledged. Or just drop off something that will keep well with a note, like spaghetti or a nice hearty soup, since they might forget about simple things like eating.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 am

I tend to have an easy time when the mourning is for the loss of a child, because I have been there myself. These I handle real well.

But my brother still heavily mourns his wife two years later and it gets harder and harder to say anything or even listen. I get guilty about it, but I think he's burned out a lot of people with his grief. But he has friends and continues on.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

It is really hard. Especially right at the wake or funeral. Because you know they are so sick of making pleasantries with everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:07 am