CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
CeCe
Supernova
7 posters

Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online? Empty Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online?

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Here it's very easy because we have the male and female symbols under our names but on other sites where they don't have this option, barring any personal details about your life, can people usually tell if you're a man or a woman?

I have a long winding history of that answer being no, everybody always thinks I'm a guy, which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing, really drops the bombshell on them when I finally break the news that I'm a woman.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online? Empty Re: Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online?

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 pm

No & I love it! People always think I'm a guy. Hilarious.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online? Empty Re: Can people usually tell your gender when talking to you online?

Post by Shale Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 pm

CeCe wrote:No & I love it! People always think I'm a guy. Hilarious.
    I was gonna say that IDK if CeCe is a guy or a girl. (Well I know but I wouldn't by ur writing)

I am not anonymous - use my actual pic on all boards so ppl know I'm a guy or a very good male impersonator.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) Not that I know of.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 pm

I am not much into many social online environments other than here so I don't know I am sure by my name they know I am a guy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 pm

I don't know. I guess.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 am

i always assumed that by men coming on to me that they knew i was a woman... but now that im thinking of it, i wonder if they just hit on everyone hoping for a woman. Any thoughts of that guys?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

wants2laugh wrote:i always assumed that by men coming on to me that they knew i was a woman... but now that im thinking of it, i wonder if they just hit on everyone hoping for a woman. Any thoughts of that guys?
    I would hit on anyone but I'm bi. Blue Cool
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Shale wrote:
    I would hit on anyone but I'm bi. Blue Cool

good one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 pm