CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nystyle709
Cheaps
ph balanced
Marc™
Supernova
JWF
10 posters

Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant Empty Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant

Post by JWF Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Mr. Clooney offers one of his best performances in "The Descendents". Hopefully, any comparison with Gary Grant will be forever done with.

Imo...Mr. Clooney is a superior actor. Cary Grant basically played a version of himself. Mr. Clooney has everything Mr. Grant had, including Grant's famous old style charm, good looks and charisma, plus loads more. Mr. Clooney is unafraid to accept controversial scripts

Many critics see it as a career best for Clooney and have made him an easy favorite to be nominated for Best Actor...

Jack

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant Empty Re: Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Ew yuck, who compares George Clooney to Cary Grant?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant Empty Re: Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Sure thing.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 am

This reminds me of a Grant bio I saw on PBS a few years ago. The biographer asked his third wife about the rumours he was gay. She answered with, "He wasn't gay when he was f---in' me!" I rofled so hard.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:55 am

Who's Cary Grant?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:42 pm

cheaps wrote:Who's Cary Grant?
    laughing
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:52 pm

cheaps wrote:Who's Cary Grant?
    Here for all you kids.

Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant Cary-grant-close-up

He was the romantic leading man in so many old movies. He even aged well, like Clooney.

But, George Clooney is a really convincing actor in so many roles. His charm is irresistible.

And, tho I don't know his (or Grant's) orientation, both were too good looking to be str8. Blue Cool

As for as Grant's wife's comment, that is a standard for us bisexuals. When I was fucking my wife, I guess I wasn't gay either.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Cary Grant had his own acting style, as many actors do. He wasn't one of my favorites but he had enough talent and looks to become legendary. I'm not sure Clooney will be so legendary. But I think Clooney improves with age. I find his looks a bit over-rated, myself. Would like to see "The Descendents".

Personally, I see no reason to compare the two actors. At all. Zilch.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Cary Grant had his own acting style, as many actors do. He wasn't one of my favorites but he had enough talent and looks to become legendary. I'm not sure Clooney will be so legendary. But I think Clooney improves with age. I find his looks a bit over-rated, myself. Would like to see "The Descendents".

Personally, I see no reason to compare the two actors. At all. Zilch.

I agree and I don't really see them as being that similar beyond surface comparisons.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 am

"Stop Comparing George Clooney with Cary Grant"

No, I don't believe I will. At least not as far as calling Clooney the Cary Grant of his generation. Just as I'm going to keep calling Tom Hanks the Jimmy Stewart of his generation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 pm