CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Jason B.
wants2laugh
captainbryce
CeCe
9 posters

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop   Empty GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 am

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop   6a00d8341c730253ef01675ed71127970b-300wi

Greg Davis, the mayor of Southaven, Mississippi, "who ran unsuccessfully for Congress in 2008 on a conservative, family-values platform" according to the Commercial Appeal, has been forced out of the closet over receipts uncovered in a criminal investigation over misused expenses. The receipts included "thousands of dollars worth of liquor, expensive dinners at a local restaurant and a visit to an adult store catering to gay men":

As details emerged Thursday from the receipts, provided by state auditors to Southaven aldermen and subsequently obtained by The Commercial Appeal, Davis conceded publicly for the first time in an interview with The CA that he is gay and has struggled to keep the issue from affecting his public life as mayor of Mississippi's third-largest city.

"At this point in my life and in my career, while I have tried to maintain separation between my personal and public life, it is obvious that this can no longer remain the case," Davis said Thursday afternoon at his Southaven home. "While I have performed my job as mayor, in my opinion, as a very conservative, progressive individual -- and still continue to be a very conservative individual -- I think that it is important that I discuss the struggles I have had over the last few years when I came to the realization that I am gay."

Davis doesn't recall what he bought at the Priape sex shop:

The receipts were provided to state auditors in hopes of decreasing the approximately $170,000 they have demanded Davis repay the city for improper charges to both his city-issued and personal credit cards. Auditors asked city aldermen, who approved the expenses, to review the receipts before making a decision on accepting them to reduce Davis' payments...

...a review by The CA shows that Davis spent thousands of dollars at the Mesquite Chop House in Southaven and thousands more at local liquor stores. Also included in the receipts is a charge for $67 at Priape, a store in Toronto that is described by its website as "Canada's premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop."

Davis said he didn't remember what he bought at the store, which he visited on a recruitment trip with Mid-South warehouse developers.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/12/gop-family-values-mayor-greg-davis-of-southaven-ms-forced-out-of-closet-by-receipts-from-gay-sex-sho.html#ixzz1ghvqc9ZQ

When it's hypocrisy at its finest, the exposure doesn't bother me.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop   Empty Re: GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop

Post by captainbryce Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Not a surprise at all. This only goes to confirm my suspicions that most homophobes are in fact repressed closet cases in the first place and that most right-wingers who lobby extensively for "conservative values" are in fact hypocrites of the worst kind. This is a recurring theme among religious and conservative, right-wing bigots.

George Rekers (anti gay baptist minister)
    Eddie Long (anti gay baptist minister)
    Ted Haggard (anti gay evangelical pastor)
    Richard Curtis (anti gay republican congressman from Washington)
    Glenn Murphy Jr (anti gay "Young Republican" from Indiana)
    David Dreier (anti gay republican congressman from California)
    Bruce Barclay (anti gay republican commissioner of Cumberland County)
    Robert Allen (anti gay republican ally of the Christian Coalition)
    Larry Craig (anti gay republican congressman from Idaho)
    Jim West (anti gay republican mayor of (Spokane Washington)
    Ed Schrock (anti gay republican congressman from Virginia)
    Roy Ashburn (anti gay republican California senator)
    Mark Foley (anti gay republican congressman from Florida)
    Phillip Hinkle (anti gay republican congressman from Indiana)

You know what all of these guys have in common? In addition to being republican supporters of the "Christian Right" they were all exposed as closit homosexuals when they were caught in gay scandals (some of them criminal). The only exception on the list, Eddie Long who is NOT a republican (he's black!)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop   Empty Re: GOP 'Family Values' Mayor Greg Davis of Southaven, MS Forced Out of Closet by Receipts from Gay Sex Shop

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

What's the problem??? All he has to do is go to Michelle Bachman's camp for gay and be "cured"!!! lol

I think it is funny that they assume gays cannot have family values! lol i want to see a gay man run on a family value platform and show the world that his well adjusted kids are happy, and he is in a decades long relationship that is monogamous.

Let me measure: Gay man with 25yr partner he is committed to with adopted happy children vs. closeted gay man married for years with children that he betrays constantly by seeing men.... cheating is cheating people... lying is lying. I would rather have the first guy in office!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:22 pm

LOL this has become so typical that it's almost expected.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 am

Never fails, LOL.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm

CeCe wrote: When it's hypocrisy at its finest, the exposure doesn't bother me.

Yep, I don't care if a guy sucks cock, smokes dope, whores around. Been There - Done That (still doing the first one). Hypocrisy is the only thing that really bothers me. That is the only character flaw.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Par for the course.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:40 am

Greg Davis, the mayor of Southaven, Mississippi, "who ran unsuccessfully for Congress in 2008 on a conservative, family-values platform" according to the Commercial Appeal, has been forced out of the closet over receipts uncovered in a criminal investigation over misused expenses. The receipts included "thousands of dollars worth of liquor, expensive dinners at a local restaurant and a visit to an adult store catering to gay men"

Well all right, thanks for stimulating our economy, Mississippi taxpayers.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Typical.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:53 pm