CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Chris
6 posters

'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Empty 'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'

Post by Chris Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 am

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/abc_cancels_extreme_makeover_home/281059#ixzz1guFCDLDo

ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    Thu., Dec. 15, 2011 2:13 PM PST by Natalie Finn

'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' EMHE_300

What's going to make us sob like little babies now?!

ABC has canceled Extreme Makeover: Home Edition after nine heartwarming seasons of tear-jerking tales of sorrow and hardship bookended by even more tear-jerking scenes of joy and excitement when a family gets the keys to their brand-new house.

"For nine seasons, I was blessed to have been given the opportunity to change lives across the globe with the help of loving communities, generous sponsors, and a cast that has become my second family," interior designer Michael Moloney said in a statement. "I was lucky to have this show as a perpetual reminder of my own blessings, but my work won't stop with the end of the series. It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one."

ABC says that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition—which back in 2005 was pulling in an average 16 million viewers a week but dipped to less than 9 million last season—will continue in the form of periodic TV specials.

The Emmy-winning series will sign off in true Extreme Makeover fashion on Jan. 13 with its 200th episode, shot in the tornado-ravaged town of Joplin, Mo.

Ty Pennington and crew headed over there in October to help not one, not two, but seven families who lost their homes.

That's seven-times the tears, people!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Empty Re: 'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 am

I knew this would happen when they moved it. Likely a bad move. While OUAT is doing better, moving AFV might've worked better for all parties But I guess this just goes to show how highly they think of Ty. Wouldn't hold out much hope for The Revolution.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Empty Re: 'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:59 pm

I never watched it, but I like the concept of the show. Dah well. 'ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' 2517814472
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I never cared for the show. A few of the families had difficulties when they took out money against the value of their new home and couldn't pay.

I learned a lot about the way they do things when they did one near our city a couple years ago. The hosts/workers you see on the show do VERY little. Contractors in the area fight for the chance to work on the home for free for the experience/publicity. I guess that is a good thing, but everything is thrown together in such a short amount of time that the quality is not there.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I never cared for the show.

Me either. It may have been an interesting concept on paper and it was nice what they did for people, but good riddance....it wasn't compelling TV.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Hmmm...

Yeah, it was nice helping people in need. However, ABC went overboard. I know for ABC and the local businesses that are used it's a win-win situation, because ABC gets to write off all that stuff and local business got some work and credit. But a lot of the people don't know how to maintain all of the crap. One woman got an elevator installed in her home. Do you know how much it costs to fix an elevator? Not cheap.

There was a family that had their home done by EM, and then refinanced it to start a construction business. The business failed and the home ended up getting foreclosed on.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304871704575160312975375930.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:10 pm