CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Bluesmama
Chris
Shale
Cheaps
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
10 posters

Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug? Empty Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

"gateway" to harder drugs. I dont think it is but it gets argued that it is.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug? Empty Re: Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 am

No. Weed is natural. That other shit isn't.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug? Empty Re: Do you believe marijuana is a gateway drug?

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 am

It can be.

It was for me
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 am

That 'argument' should start with cigarettes. IDK any stoners who didn't smoke cigs first. Maybe it could be argued that alcohol is a 'gateway' drug. I drank (and got passout drunk) before ever taking my first toke. Yes, alcohol is most definitely a drug.

BTW, I smoked cigs, smoked dope, did psychedelics, speed and downers. I don't do any of those any more, so the question is "Gateway to What?"

Last edited by Shale on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 am

^^^ I was a pothead WAY before I started smoking ciggys, and before I started drinking.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

It depends on how addictive a personality the user has. If someone smokes enough to be considered a pothead, then it's no surprise when it leads to other things; but if they are only recreational smokers, then they probably won't have such a desire to be/stay high that they're willing try other things.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Yes and no. I think it definitely IS for addictive personalities, but I do know a lot of stoners who won't touch anything else.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't know if it's that or if it's just the people who do seem to follow this logic, are the type that once they started one kind of drug wanted to try them all. Kind of like me I suppose, I've had champagne and wine and am curious about trying the harder stuff like whiskey, gin, brandy, etc. However, several contributing factors like the cost and only drinking so much at one time and it takes so many drinks to get through one bottle, and having a large supply of alcohol in the house is not a good idea, are the reasons why I still have only had the wine. But the way everything I've had so far tastes...addictive it is not.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Agree w/Chris. Some people have addictive personalities and might seek out other highs after experiencing the one from marijuana, but plenty of people smoke the stuff and don't move on to heroin or coke or anything else.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:58 pm

I don't think so, however if someone wants to believe that it might be for them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 pm

I think it gets labeled as a gateway drug because (I think) most people who do stuff like coke and heroine do pot as well because if you do the hard stuff, pot is no big deal.

But, really I don't think it is because plenty of people do pot because it is much more socially acceptable than the harder drugs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:40 pm