CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen Empty Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen

Post by Supernova Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:15 am

Oh my God, I can't believe I found this! WGN had it on TV 2 years ago in the middle of the night and I didn't get to hear the end of it but I just found it on Youtube and I am SO glad, it is TOO funny! Hope everybody enjoys it! Merry Christmas!

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen Empty Re: Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen

Post by Bluesmama Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:37 am

I will watch this tomorrow ~ I'm checking email and the forum quickly before bed (very tired tonight).

But I "discovered" Burns & Allen in recent weeks. I don't think my parents watched it because, though I knew of their show, never saw it. And, now, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The lines, and Gracie's comedic delivery, were hilarious and outstanding. Don't think I've seen another one like her. This was a very funny show.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen Empty Re: Santa and the Wicked Pirates, by George Burns and Gracie Allen

Post by Supernova Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Gracie was very funny. Have you read S.S. van Dine's The Grace Allen Murder Case? She and he were friends and he put her in one of his Philo Vance mysteries and she's very funny in the book too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:48 pm