CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Any book recommendations for books written by journalists?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Any book recommendations for books written by journalists? Empty Any book recommendations for books written by journalists?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:25 am

In my attempt to reinforce the Associated Press style in my mind, I am going to read books by journalists. I would like recommendations from anyone who has read any they enjoyed.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Any book recommendations for books written by journalists? Empty Re: Any book recommendations for books written by journalists?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 pm

I am reading a very unique book right now by a journalist who was a reporter in Fresno. Title: "Where Hope Begins" by Alysia Sofios. I was visitng my brothers who live near Fresno when I read about Marcus's verdict in the newspaper, and was fascinated by the article.

It is about the Marcus Wesson murders and his clan back about 8 years or so. He mass-murdered 9 of his children, and this reporter went against protocol and took in the surviving females in the family. She helped them assimilate into "normalcy". Right now I'm entering the part where she has an auto accident and the women, in turn, take care of and help her.

It is a hard book to read emotionally, and a hard one to put down. I recommend it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Any book recommendations for books written by journalists? Empty Re: Any book recommendations for books written by journalists?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Bluesmama wrote:I am reading a very unique book right now by a journalist who was a reporter in Fresno. Title: "Where Hope Begins" by Alysia Sofios. I was visitng my brothers who live near Fresno when I read about Marcus's verdict in the newspaper, and was fascinated by the article.

It is about the Marcus Wesson murders and his clan back about 8 years or so. He mass-murdered 9 of his children, and this reporter went against protocol and took in the surviving females in the family. She helped them assimilate into "normalcy". Right now I'm entering the part where she has an auto accident and the women, in turn, take care of and help her.

It is a hard book to read emotionally, and a hard one to put down. I recommend it.

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I hope my library has it.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I hope my library has it.

If not, you should find an inexpensive copy on Amazon.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

I checked online and our library does have it! It seems so good and I know my friend Julie will want to read it as well. Again thanks! I read more about the book and it truly looks like a great read.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 am

I just found out something awhile ago! This journalist/author has another book on this family, Deadly Devotion. Must be a follow-up, released just this year. Now I'm anxious to get that one, too. Reviews are excellent.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 am

Bluesmama wrote:I just found out something awhile ago! This journalist/author has another book on this family, Deadly Devotion. Must be a follow-up, released just this year. Now I'm anxious to get that one, too. Reviews are excellent.

Oh, that's good to know!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:57 am