CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

I Like Movies

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

I Like Movies Empty I Like Movies

Post by Shale Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:42 pm

I Like Movies
    January 2, 2012

I Like Movies 2007ShaleatMoviesJuly

Since December 2005 I have written 305 movie Blurbs.

Just did the numbers again and found out that over the last year I saw and wrote about 61 movies. I guess I really watch a lot of movies.

Today, like I did last year, I got all my old movie stubs and wrote down the amounts paid on each one and found that I spent $471 on movies in 2011.

That includes getting seven movies for free on my Regal Crown Club card and the seven movies I saw in Missouri at $5 each. With repeat viewings of 11 of my favorite movies I actually went to the movies 72 times last year.

But, some ppl blow more than that on a weekend, so guess I got a lot more hours of entertainment for the buck.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

I Like Movies Empty Re: I Like Movies

Post by Shale Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 am

I Like Movies (Continued)
    December 30, 2012

Since December 2005 I have written 367 movie Blurbs. .

Just did the numbers again and found out that over the last year I saw and wrote blurbs about 62 movies. I guess I really watch a lot of movies.

Today, like I did last year, I got all my old movie stubs and wrote down the amounts paid on each one and found that I spent $502 on movies in 2012.

That includes getting five movies for free on my Regal Crown Club card.

With repeat viewings of 8 of my favorite movies I actually went to the Cinema 70 times last year. This seems to be the norm each year, usually one movie per weekend, sometimes two - it is my leisure routine. I only go to matinees, riding my bike on good weather days. (I will ride in the rain if it is a must-see movie showing)

I have seen the cost of my senior discount tickets go from $7.50 to $8 starting in May.

Also, this year I have seen the trailers before the feature movie increase from 15 minutes to 20, which is quite annoying especially when watching a movie that is nearly 3 hours long. IDK how much money theaters make from showing trailers but it looks like they are squeezing their customers at every turn.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 pm