CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Episode 10, 'The New Deal'

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Episode 10, 'The New Deal' Empty 'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Episode 10, 'The New Deal'

Post by Marc™ Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 am

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Episode 10, 'The New Deal'
    Making the best of a bad episode

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Episode 10, 'The New Deal' 287158140-05185828
    By Lindsey McPherson

9:44 p.m. EST, January 5, 2012
    The "Vampire Diaries" comeback was awful. So awful that I can’t even think of any bad comebacks to compare it to.

The most interesting thing that happened is Jeremy was totally badass.

“I shot a hybrid in the back and chopped his head off with a meat cleaver. Typical Sunday, huh?” Jeremy says. (Watching it happen was so much better!)

Unfortunately, Jeremy’s change of character doesn’t go over well with Elena.

“Vampires, hybrids and originals: No problem. My rebellious brother: I’m worried,” Elena says before going into mother mode, which later in the episode results in her having Damon compel Jeremy to get out of Mystic Falls and go live a normal life with family friends in Denver.

So much for what I was looking forward to the rest of this season — Jeremy going on a hybrid killing spree.

If you didn’t watch tonight’s episode, there’s not much you need to know, but here’s the quick rundown.

Klaus is looking for Stefan because at the end of the mid-season finale, Stefan stole his coffins full of daggered family members.

Trying to get Elena to help him find Stefan, Klaus compels Jeremy to commit suicide. But Alaric saves Jeremy and takes the hit from the speeding car. Alaric comes back to life because he’s wearing his spell-bound ring. But for unknown reasons, he doesn’t heal. At least he meets a hot nurse named Meredith at the hospital (I doubt that’s the last we’ll see of her this season).

Aiming to get Klaus to leave Jeremy alone, Elena gives Rebecca — whom she had daggered during the mid-season finale — back to Klaus, but he doesn’t bring her back to life. This is probably because Elena warned him that Rebecca knew he was the one who killed their mother. (I have a feeling Rebecca might have woken up less than thrilled to be reunited with her big brother after learning that.)

Stefan thinks that hiding the coffins from Klaus will give him some kind of leverage. I expect that plan will fail, but it will likely take several episodes.

Other highlights from tonight’s show:

Best-Laid Plans: “So all we have to do is find four coffins and voila — no one else on your family’s Christmas list has to die,” Damon says to Elena.

Most Romantic Moment: After Elena shares some heartfelt words with Damon, he tells her that Stefan didn’t screw them over.
    “I thought for one second that I wouldn’t have to feel guilty any more … for wanting what I want,” he says.
    After starting to walk away, Damon turns around and says: “If I’m going to feel guilty about something I’m going to feel guilt about this.” Then he goes up and passionately kisses Elena. She doesn’t stop him.

Best Damon Quote(s): “Really? Last time I checked, you were hiding out in a haunted house,” Damon says to Stefan after Stefan tells him he doesn’t need his help.

Best Words Used to Stick it to Someone: After Elena tells Stefan that Klaus is going to kill Jeremy, Stefan says: “Not really my problem.”

Best Quote(s) to Summarize the Series: “What could you tell me that I don’t already know?” Jeremy asks Alaric. “This is the way things are. It sucks, but I just got to get used to it.”

Good Idea for How to End the Series: “None of us are going to make it out of this town alive,” Jeremy says.

Source:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bthesite/tv-lust/bal-the-vampire-diaries-recap-episode-10-20120105,0,3121866.story

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 am