CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
GrayWolf
Supernova
CeCe
Nystyle709
Shale
Chris
10 posters

The decline of organized religion.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Religion The decline of organized religion.

Post by Chris Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Why do you think organized religion is becoming less prevalent in American society?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Religion Re: The decline of organized religion.

Post by Shale Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Because it is fucked up and out of touch with what humans actually do.

Because organized religious leaders have often been proven to be hypocrites and have been caught too often doing what they preach against.

Because they try to dictate morals to those in a secular society who do not subscribe to their narrow views.

That is my opinion to which I am entitled before the flames start. If Pope Bentdick can "precipitate a national conflict between church and state of enormous proportions" by his opinion that homosexual marriage is a threat to anything, then suffer my conflicting opinion.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Progression.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Shale wrote:Because it is fucked up and out of touch with what humans actually do.

Because organized religious leaders have often been proven to be hypocrites and have been caught too often doing what they preach against.

Because they try to dictate morals to those in a secular society who do not subscribe to their narrow views.

That is my opinion to which I am entitled before the flames start. If Pope Bentdick can "precipitate a national conflict between church and state of enormous proportions" by his opinion that homosexual marriage is a threat to anything, then suffer my conflicting opinion.
    co-signs
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

I think because people have come to question every aspect of it; including the church and its members and their rules and how it all really ties in with God and what the Bible says. My great great great great great something or other grandmother believed that people didn't have to go to church to worship God, and ironically enough so do we.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:30 pm

It doesn't evolve with the times and I think people see it as being too judgmental and outdated.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:56 pm

GrayWolf wrote:It doesn't evolve with the times and I think people see it as being too judgmental and outdated.

Oh no, some of them like to change with the times and change into 'make everybody happy' crap, only preach of God's love but completely forget about that other aspect, of hell, and if you don't acknowledge hell exists then how can you say you're a Christian when you're denying the whole basis upon which He came to earth and died to save everyone? That makes no sense whatsoever, there's good, there's evil, if there's God, then there's Satan.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Chris wrote:Why do you think organized religion is becoming less prevalent in American society?
    To be honest, I'm not sure that THIS is in fact the case at all. As much as I'd like to believe this, anecdotal evidence tells me that the opposite is true. The majority of the people living in the bible belt are "evangelicals", the majority of people in Utah are Mormon, Hispanics will one day be the "majority" in America (most of which are Catholics), Islam is the fastest growing religion worldwide, mainline protestants still represent the largest religious denomination in America and the majority of Americans still identify as "Christian".

So, I'd sure like to see the statistics on organized religion becoming "less prevalent" before commenting.

confused
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Because people don't want truth, they want ear tickling. Truth doesn't evolve with time. The truth is what it is and people don't want to hear it if it conflicts with their plans. Behind every rejection of organized religion, you will find people who think they have all the answers. (Some admittedly, some in denial) Rejecting religion is merely putting one's own views as paramount instead of trying to search for truth. It's not about not believing in God; it's about God being an inconvenience for one's plans.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Because people don't want truth, they want ear tickling. Truth doesn't evolve with time. The truth is what it is and people don't want to hear it if it conflicts with their plans. Behind every rejection of organized religion, you will find people who think they have all the answers. (Some admittedly, some in denial) Rejecting religion is merely putting one's own views as paramount instead of trying to search for truth. It's not about not believing in God; it's about God being an inconvenience for one's plans.
    Do YOU believe that religion is becoming less prevelant in our society FM? confused
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm

ROFLMAO!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm

If it's in decline, then it's probably because people today don't want to be dictated to by its rigid doctrine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 1:58 am