CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
Chris
6 posters

Girl Scout Launches Cookie Boycott Campaign After Organization's Inclusion Of Transgender Child (VIDEO)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Girl Scout Launches Cookie Boycott Campaign After Organization's Inclusion Of Transgender Child (VIDEO)

Post by Chris Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/11/girl-scout-cookie-boycott-transgender_n_1199260.html

Girl Scout Launches Cookie Boycott Campaign After Organization's Inclusion Of Transgender Child (VIDEO)

First Posted: 1/11/12 11:39 AM ET Updated: 1/11/12 02:30 PM ET

A California-based teen is hoping to spearhead a national boycott of Girl Scout cookies after the organization's controversial decision to admit a 7-year-old transgender child to a Colorado troop this past fall.

The girl, which World News Daily has identified only as Taylor from Ventura County, Calif., appears in a YouTube video in which she claims her organization is using proceeds from sales of the popular cookies to "[promote] the desires of a small handful of people."

"Right now, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A...is not being honest with us girls, its troops, its leaders, its parents or the American public," Taylor, who claims to have been a Girl Scout for eight years, says in the clip. "Girl Scouts describes itself as an all-girl experience. With that label, families trust that the girls will be in an environment that is not only nurturing and sensitive to girls' needs, but also safe for girls."

She goes on to note, "I am asking you to take action with me and boycott Girl Scout Cookies." The video eventually concludes with a tagline for the Honest Girl Scouts site, which describes itself as a group "concerned with the alarming choices GSUSA has been making," and "advocating for a change back to simply building girls of good character."

Last fall's decision to admit Bobby Montoya after initially excluding her has already been met with considerable controversy. In December, three Louisiana-based leaders resigned and dissolved their troops in the wake of the incident, with one calling it "an almost dangerous situation" for children, according to The Baptist Press.

At the time, the Girl Scouts of Colorado released a statement through the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), noting, "If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout."

After confessing to having difficulty switching from male to female pronouns when discussing her child, Montoya's mother Felisha Archuleta defended her daughter to ABC, saying, "I believe he was born in the wrong body...no one would know he's a boy unless they pulled his pants down."
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Girl Scout Launches Cookie Boycott Campaign After Organization's Inclusion Of Transgender Child (VIDEO)

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 am

Little Miss Bigot has guaranteed I'll be buying cookies this time. Saw the youtube page has disabled every response button. Chickenshit.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: Girl Scout Launches Cookie Boycott Campaign After Organization's Inclusion Of Transgender Child (VIDEO)

Post by Shale Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 pm

So far the Girl Scouts has distanced itself from the blatant bigotry of the BSA.

Hopefully the org does not cave to this little shit-for-conscience girl.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Shale wrote:So far the Girl Scouts has distanced itself from the blatant bigotry of the BSA.

Hopefully the org does not cave to this little shit-for-conscience girl.

The "Honest Girl Scouts" site has links to the AFA posted on their site. Not surprising.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm on her side.

Just because there is some gender confused child who yearns to be the opposite sex doesn't mean that they should automatically be permitted to partake in gender exclusive functions. Few may want to hear it because it doesn't sound compassionate or empathetic, but gender IS marked by genitalia, not state of mind. When said little boy reaches maturity and takes the steps to (in his mind) become anatomically correct, he can then participate in situations set up for females. Until then he's a boy whether he likes it or not, and shouldn't get to to insinuate himself into female-only functions because that's what he longs to do. There are plenty of gender neutral activities he can join where he can gravitate toward the girls, if they are who he prefers to bond with.

Where does it end? Should a boy who wants to be a girl be able to use the girls restroom? Seems that's where it would head next.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm sure this is not a frivolous as you make it out. Gender disparity is quite a problem for those who have it and the set-in-stone attitude of society just exacerbates it. Gender is NOT marked solely by genitalia. It is not just a matter of being confused and yearning to be another gender - it is a physically based problem that affects ones whole outlook as the 'wrong' gender.

I have sat and talked to women naked on the beach who had breasts and a penis. I can understand their avoiding a 'plastic' surgery that will make them look correct but destroy their ability to feel sexual pleasure. And, while talking to this person with breasts/penis, I see them as a woman because that is what they feel they are and that is what they project.

Pre-surgery transgender ppl using the restrooms has been a problem in many places. IDK what the big concern is, but admitedly I am not of the mainstream culture that gets freaked out by it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Shale wrote:I'm sure this is not a frivolous as you make it out. Gender disparity is quite a problem for those who have it and the set-in-stone attitude of society just exacerbates it. Gender is NOT marked solely by genitalia. It is not just a matter of being confused and yearning to be another gender - it is a physically based problem that affects ones whole outlook as the 'wrong' gender.

I have sat and talked to women naked on the beach who had breasts and a penis. I can understand their avoiding a 'plastic' surgery that will make them look correct but destroy their ability to feel sexual pleasure. And, while talking to this person with breasts/penis, I see them as a woman because that is what they feel they are and that is what they project.

Pre-surgery transgender ppl using the restrooms has been a problem in many places. IDK what the big concern is, but admitedly I am not of the mainstream culture that gets freaked out by it.

I agree. It has nothing to do with "confusion" & truthfully I have no problem with unisex restrooms. They're rare around here but they exist. And I wouldn't have an issue with the women's restroom. I don't blame anyone for not having the surgery to make them "anatomically correct". No one should have to butcher themselves or deny themselves sexual pleasure for the rest of their life. It's terribly misunderstood. This is why exposure to issues have so much importance over staying quiet & pretending things don't exist. Exposure leads to understanding & acceptance.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:54 pm

JM130ELM wrote:Few may want to hear it because it doesn't sound compassionate or empathetic, but gender IS marked by genitalia, not state of mind.
    Or perhaps they don't want to hear it because IT'S NOT REALLY TRUE. If you want to get "technical" about it (which apparently you do), then gender is marked by chromosomes, NOT genitalia! If you have two XX chromosomes, then you are a female whether you appear to have male junk or not (and vice versa). From a psychological perspective, "gender" is largely associated with the "roles" that have been perscribed to an individual since birth. But their are biological factors inside the brain that establish gender identity more than external organs. Gender, is first and foremost in the brain! That's why males and females have a slightly different brain structure. And why homosexuals have a brain structure more similar to opposite sex heterosexuals than to same sex heterosexuals. So why should we treat a man who had a sex change a "woman" just because HE now has a vagina, but treat a girl trapped in a boy's body (acts and feels like a girl) as a boy? Is it just genitalia that defines you as a woman or a man, or is it how you think, feel and act?

http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/nervous-system/men-women-different-brains1.htm
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread561187/pg1
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Fuck that. Those Samoas are just too good to pass up.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 am

It's all about the thin mints! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 am