CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters

'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video) Empty 'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video)

Post by Chris Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/transgender-10-year-old-j_n_943654.html?1314816454&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2|91654

Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl
    First Posted: 8/31/11 02:47 PM ET Updated: 8/31/11 05:03 PM ET

Turns out there are parents in the news who do the right thing. Jennifer and John of Ohio have a transgender 10-year-old child, and they support Jackie's decision to live life as a girl.

Since she was 18-months-old, "it was always dancing, dress-up, " says her mother Jennifer. Jackie loved the color pink and wearing ballerina outfits. She wanted sparkles and pretty shoes.

So when Jackie was about two-years-old, Jennifer started looking on the Internet, she tells "Good Morning America." That's when she first learned about transgender and started to wonder.

Jackie's sister, Sagan, was the first to ask if she really wanted to be a girl. "Yeah," she told her sister.

And when Jackie was just ten years old, she went to her mom, crying. "I'm a girl and I can't do this anymore," Jackie said. Without hesitation, Jennifer said, "It's gonna be okay." There was no judgment or disappointment.

Jackie's family abandoned the pronoun "he." At first, they only let her wear girls clothing at home, but eventually allowed her to live as a girl full-time, at school and elsewhere. When asked, Jackie's father John says he has two daughters.

But, not everyone in the family has been as accepting as Jackie's parents. Her grandfather is resistant. "I can not accept that a nine or ten-year-old can make decisions for himself that will be life lasting," he tells GMA.

Although Jackie's parents worry about the future -- things like puberty and how Jackie might be treated later in life at work -- for now, they are focused on her happiness. When Jackie looks in the mirror, all she sees is "a girl that's a person," she says.

Jackie's story will be part of ABC's "Primetime Nightline's (Extra)Ordinary Family" special, airing tonight, Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 10 p.m./9c.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video) Empty Re: 'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video)

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am

These parents are gonna ruin their kids. While their basic motive is understandable, anybody with common sense can see the harm this is doing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video) Empty Re: 'Transgender 10-Year-Old, Jackie, Born A Boy, Happier As A Girl' (video)

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

LOL.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:11 am

I believe you know at an early age. But 18 months? I don't think so. A child isn't choosing their wardrobe at that age much less experiencing gender identification.

I also believe some manipulation from parents can take place too. They should at least let this kid go through puberty first. Maybe. It's possible but right now I'm just not buying it.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 pm

That's just wrong.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Umm ok

But why do these let "her" dress like a little skeezer with the heavy makeup and shit? How many parents let their their 10 yr old girls do that? To me that's just overemphasizing and overaccommodating on their parts.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

The makeup would be inappropriate for a real girl that age, ITA. I notice parents of little boys who wanna be little girls do often go overboard in letting him live out his fantasy, and will have them do exaggerated "female" things that a lot of real girls don't do, or don't do as much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:08 am