CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

HBO's Paradise Lost: 1, 2, & 3

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

HBO's Paradise Lost: 1, 2, & 3 Empty HBO's Paradise Lost: 1, 2, & 3

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 am

Paradise Lost 3 premiered this weekend. I have seen the documentary, i have read the book, and i truly believe these kids got railroaded due to ignorance and prejudice against kids with a goth look and who listen to heavy metal.

what is really sad is that 3 kids were wrongfully convicted, spent 18 yrs in jail---one missed out on his kids entire childhood--and was forced to plead "innocent but guilty" to the crime. Had they not have taken this plea, they would have spent another couple years in jail awaiting trial, with the possibility of another conviction and one faced the death penalty. Making them plead guilty negates their ability to sue the state of Arkansas for wrongful conviction.

Another really really sad part is that since the case is closed, the real killers of the three 8 yr old boys who were killed and mutilated will never be brought to justice. Its sad all the way around!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

HBO's Paradise Lost: 1, 2, & 3 Empty Re: HBO's Paradise Lost: 1, 2, & 3

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:07 am

You wouldn't think something like this could happen in this country. It's damn scary. Three kids tragically died & apparently somebody was going to pay whether they were guilty or not. But at the time "satanic panic" was sweeping the country so these boys got blamed just for being the "weird kids" who listened to that "devil music". The case was a mess. There was so much wrongdoing by the authorities. The crime scene was compromised, the "confession" from one of them was bullshit & the evidence even EXCLUDED them. But they were still convicted. Frightening. Then on top of all that they were forced to plead. I honestly believe the state knew damn well what happened & was just trying to save its ass. There were six victims here. I hope that at some point the true killers of those kids will confess, even if it's a deathbed confession. Sad sad story.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:56 am