CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Impact
Supernova
Shale
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
femme fatale
10 posters

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise? Empty Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise?

Post by femme fatale Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Are you more hesitant to go on a cruise after hearing about what happened to that one?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise? Empty Re: Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Nah. In fact, I'm making plans to go on one sometime this summer. I know it's going to be dirt cheap now! I haven't been on a cruise in a minute.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise? Empty Re: Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise?

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 am

nope... there are car wrecks every minute... i still drive
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:45 am

How often does something like this happen? The capt was a jerk, showing off for his home island and screwed up big time with maybe 20 or more ppl killed. Still, a fog pilup on I-10 in New Orleans has done nearly that much. Planes kill more than that all the time.

I think the cruise ship companies are going to be whipping their crews and officers into shape after this debacle - so it may be safer than ever until the next jerk of a captain does something really dangerous stupid.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 am

We were sitting on our hands waiting to find out if my aunt was one of the passengers on that cruise because the details coincided with a cruise she planned to take soon. We found out she was NOT on it thank God but she did say she DID previously go on a Costa Concordia cruise and she came back SOOOOO sick and said she was never doing that again.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am

No. The mishap of one ship doesn't taint the entire fleet.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 am

No, because this captain was an idiot and a chickenshit.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 am

Admittedly, I haven't followed this story intently; but if what I'm hearing is true about it being a captain error, then I agree with everyone else. Honestly, even if it wasn't human error, I wouldn't let one example of a bad situation turn me off to having the experience. Cars crash everyday and still I drive.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

This incident alone wouldn't change my mind. However, when all those illness outbreaks were in the news, that made me think I probably wouldn't do another cruise. But I might.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 am

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise?

Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise? Ohhellno

Wouldn't stop me. I would love to be able to take my wife on one again. I love the headline from one of the NY papers who called the captain "Chicken of the Sea".

As long as it was bigger than this
    Has the Italian Cruise Ship Disaster Made You Afraid to Go on a Cruise? 2d164064

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am