CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Cheaps
Marc™
Impact
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
TPP
Shale
CeCe
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
15 posters

Tom Cruise

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Tom Cruise Empty Tom Cruise

Post by Chris Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Tom Cruise Tom-Cruise_0

What's your opinion of Tom Cruise?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Tom Cruise Empty Re: Tom Cruise

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 pm

I used to respect him as an actor but after that Oprah incident, I think he is a jerk and do not watch any of his movies anymore.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm

I've only ever seen him in one movie, Interview with a vampire, and I liked him as Lestat, but I've never seen him in anything else and I think he's weird.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:50 pm

I just do not like him at all. There was a time when I didn't have any opinion to speak of but his behavior has been too over the top for me. Between the couch jumping...the psychiatry expert stuff from him...the CoS, it's all just too much. I try to avoid his movies when I can.

I will say that I thought he was pretty good in "Collateral".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Supernova wrote:I've only ever seen him in one movie, Interview with a vampire, and I liked him as Lestat, but I've never seen him in anything else and I think he's weird.

Ugh if you read the Anne Rice Vampire books he did not fit the description of Lestat at all. Brad Pitt was better as Louis.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Supernova wrote:I've only ever seen him in one movie, Interview with a vampire, and I liked him as Lestat, but I've never seen him in anything else and I think he's weird.

Ugh if you read the Anne Rice Vampire books he did not fit the description of Lestat at all. Brad Pitt was better as Louis.

I Seldom read the books that movies are made from, which I see as a plus since the movie gets judged entirely on what I'm seeing at that moment. (Books & Movies are different media) I thot Tom did well as LeStat the more sophisticated & hedonistic older vampire.

I also liked him in Knight & Day, an absurd romcom which he played the somewhat psycho super agent.

His shenanigans and weird beliefs seem harmless to me (He got whipped soundly for voicing his unsubstantiated opinion on post-partum depression) so it hasn't really affected my opinion of him enuf to avoid his flicks. (Unlike my opinion of Mel Gibson - a vulgar, despicable old man - who now makes me sick to look at so I avoid his movies.)
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Meh, I can take him or leave him. I do remember reading in Jane magazine years ago that Katie Holmes (who was like 16 at the time) wanted to grow up and marry him...Lucky her to have her fantasy come true Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Ugh if you read the Anne Rice Vampire books he did not fit the description of Lestat at all. Brad Pitt was better as Louis.

It's been a few years since I read Interview, but I thought he did an alright job of it. Though Interview is supposed to focus more on Louis and how HE sees Lestat as being, if they would've done a movie on the next book, The Vampire Lestat, it would've been interesting to see what they would've done then, and who they would've gotten.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I think he is a very strange person and has shot himself in the foot in Hollywood with his random behaviors with Oprah, Matt Lauer and Brook Shields. So I don't care one way or the other about him. Katie seemed as if she may take off with a solid acting career, but I am not ever sure she is much of a hot ticket these days.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:04 pm

As an actor, I think he's pretty good. I know a lot of people don't like him for whatever reasons, but I don't give a shit about his personal life. Many feel he's overrated, and he prob. is, but he really does have some chops. Most of his movies don't suck too bad.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:03 pm

I can't think of a single performance that he's given thought I thought was bad, but his public antics have marred his image so bad that too many people now aren't willing to suspend knowing that Tom Cruise is arrogant, corny and weird long enough to buy into his movies. He did it to himself. I think he needs to lay low for a few years and then come back with a modest image and strong performance, then maybe he'll recover from Oprah's couch.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Supernova wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Ugh if you read the Anne Rice Vampire books he did not fit the description of Lestat at all. Brad Pitt was better as Louis.

It's been a few years since I read Interview, but I thought he did an alright job of it. Though Interview is supposed to focus more on Louis and how HE sees Lestat as being, if they would've done a movie on the next book, The Vampire Lestat, it would've been interesting to see what they would've done then, and who they would've gotten.

I read all of them and to me Lestat was like a blonde God. Cruise did an ok job of it but I was disappointed they chose him. They did indeed do a second movie it was called Queen of the Damned and they combined the second book, the Vampire Lestat and the third book, Queen of the Damned together into one movie. Stuart Townsend played Lestat and he was more believable than Cruise was. Anne Rice had stated that Louis was her and how she was feeling when she wrote the first book, she had just lost her daughter to leukemia, she was only 16 years old.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Decent enough actor but his being monstrously overrated and overexposed in the 1980s and 90s finally caught up with him. 50% of the public sees him as a jerk and the other 50% sees him as a cartoon....plus he and Katie Holmes are one of the most ridiculous looking Hollywood couple I've seen, him jogging in front of her when Paparazzi are around so that she doesn't look taller when they snap pictures. Man, come on...
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 pm

ilike a few of his movies... my favorite is cocktail..love that movie.. also like few good men, jerry maguire

Last edited by cheaps on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:00 pm

I hate Tom Cruise. Scientology is a joke and so is anyone who practices it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 pm

He didn't do his career any favors when he threatened to sue the creators of South Park for mocking him in that episode just before the release of MI3. That was sooo stupid on his part, since the MI franchise demo target was basically the same audience that loves SP!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:41 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I hate Tom Cruise. Scientology is a joke and so is anyone who practices it.

Seriously, what is Scientology supposed to be anyway? They believe in aliens or something?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 am

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Boycotting Oscars Over Anne Hathaway 'SNL' Impression?
    Posted: 01-10-11 06:37 AM

Anne Hathaway's 'SNL' impression of Katie Holmes was so good that it may actually keep Holmes and husband Tom Cruise away from the Academy Awards this year, The Daily Mail reports.

Hathaway, this year's Oscars co-host with James Franco, spoofed Holmes in a November episode of 'Saturday Night Live,' playing a gaspy, "complex," and confused version of the former 'Dawson's Creek' star. Apparently, it was either so insulting -- or so spot on -- that Holmes and Cruise are enraged enough to boycott the show, unwilling to run into Hathaway.

The Daily Mail quotes a source saying that Holmes and Cruise felt betrayed by the nationally televised impression, given what they considered a solid friendship with the 'Love and Other Drugs' star. When Hathaway broke up with boyfriend Raffaello Follieri in 2008, Cruise and Holmes took Hathaway to a Tina Turner concert, the ultimate salve.

"Katie feels they were really supportive at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," the source told the paper.

Shortly after the show, Hathaway defended the impression, saying that she didn't mean to make fun of Holmes herself.

"I was a teenager when 'Dawson's Creek' was airing, and I was a pretty avid fan, so it just sort of came from that," Anne told The Hollywood Reporter (via Access Hollywood). "It wasn't really Katie Holmes; it was more [her 'Creek' character] Joey Potter."

Neither Cruise or Holmes are expected to be nominated for any awards at this year's Oscars. Holmes' miniseries, 'The Kennedys,' was recently cut by The History Channel due to liberal protest at the creator, Joel Surnow's, ultra-conservative bent.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I hate Tom Cruise. Scientology is a joke and so is anyone who practices it.

Finally someone mentioned the elephant in the room!
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Chris wrote:
    Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Boycotting Oscars Over Anne Hathaway 'SNL' Impression?
    Posted: 01-10-11 06:37 AM

Anne Hathaway's 'SNL' impression of Katie Holmes was so good that it may actually keep Holmes and husband Tom Cruise away from the Academy Awards this year, The Daily Mail reports.

Hathaway, this year's Oscars co-host with James Franco, spoofed Holmes in a November episode of 'Saturday Night Live,' playing a gaspy, "complex," and confused version of the former 'Dawson's Creek' star. Apparently, it was either so insulting -- or so spot on -- that Holmes and Cruise are enraged enough to boycott the show, unwilling to run into Hathaway.

The Daily Mail quotes a source saying that Holmes and Cruise felt betrayed by the nationally televised impression, given what they considered a solid friendship with the 'Love and Other Drugs' star. When Hathaway broke up with boyfriend Raffaello Follieri in 2008, Cruise and Holmes took Hathaway to a Tina Turner concert, the ultimate salve.

"Katie feels they were really supportive at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," the source told the paper.

Shortly after the show, Hathaway defended the impression, saying that she didn't mean to make fun of Holmes herself.

"I was a teenager when 'Dawson's Creek' was airing, and I was a pretty avid fan, so it just sort of came from that," Anne told The Hollywood Reporter (via Access Hollywood). "It wasn't really Katie Holmes; it was more [her 'Creek' character] Joey Potter."

Neither Cruise or Holmes are expected to be nominated for any awards at this year's Oscars. Holmes' miniseries, 'The Kennedys,' was recently cut by The History Channel due to liberal protest at the creator, Joel Surnow's, ultra-conservative bent.

Not only is it petty of them to boycott the Academy Awards over something so silly, but they're only depriving themselves of exposure. Celebrities go to the Oscars to be seen and talked about, adding to their PR. Looks like Katie is poised to let Tom ruin her career just like he has his own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:19 am