CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
RobbieFTW
Dan70
captainbryce
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
Chris
November Avenue
Marc™
13 posters

The OJ chase/verdict

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The OJ chase/verdict Empty The OJ chase/verdict

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:04 am

:biggrin:
    Shit starter that I am....

The OJ chase/verdict 0202b10
    The OJ chase/verdict Oj_react

Do you remember where you were when OJ was in the back of the Bronco?
    I remember it clearly. June '94, for the last day of school my 9th grade class went to Cedar Point. When I came home later that night, it was all over TV. I remember the basketball game being on, and they had OJ's chase running live in the bottom right on the screen.

Do you remember where you were when they read the verdict? What was your reaction....and do you still feel the same way?
    October '95, now I'm in the 11th grade....in class my teacher had a TV and turned it on in time for the verdict. When they announced "not guilty," the classroom erupted. I thought he was guilty, but wasn't at all emotionally wrapped up in the politics of it, so the verdict didn't really upset me. Sadistic as it sounds, I was amused by the clashing white/black reactions to it.
    November Avenue
    November Avenue
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

The OJ chase/verdict Empty Re: The OJ chase/verdict

Post by November Avenue Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:06 am

I thought that he was guilty and still do. The guy was a documented wife beater, wrote a book called "If I Did It" for christsake and then later went on a criminal robbing spree. I don't think it's a big leap to assume that someone who is this much of a violent, arrogant sociopath would be capable of murder.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 am

Marc wrote::biggrin:

I was over a friends house, actually watching that Knicks/Rockets game with he and his dad when the telecast was interrupted with OJ's chase. It was crazy.

Do you remember where you were when they read the verdict? What was your reaction....and do you still feel the same way?
    I was in school. My friend (a different one) had skipped school that day just so he could watch the verdict. Back then, we were still in the era of pagers; I had one and had him page me "111" for guilty and "222" for not guilty. Honestly my opinion of Simpson's guilt and innocence varied during the whole spectacle. I was leaning more towards guilty. Today I pretty much think he did it.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 am

I arbitrarily supported his innocence at the time, simply because I thought that the LAPD was corrupt...and still do...but I wouldn't have bet my own life on it. In retrospect, I can believe he was in some way involved. Perhaps he didn't do it himself (after all the glove didn't fit), but I have a suspicion that he was indirectly involved, and knew the gist of what was going to happen.

As far as what I was doing when these events unfolded, I vaguely recall the white Bronco chase. I think I was at home, watching it on TV like everyone else. Just like Marc and Chris, I also was in school the day the verdict came in. I heard about it in the hallways.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 am

Yep. My dad was picking me and my brother up from my aunt and uncle's house after he got off work and we saw little bit of chase when it first came on. Then we went home and it was still on....every damn channel

In school like everybody else. When I got home, of course, the fam and the whole block was talking about it. Everyone I knew wanted OJ to get off and our community isn't going to admit that OJ is guilty because you know who made it into a race spectacle. If he didn't do it, he knows who did. OJ knows exactly how Ron and Nicole died, but they couldn't prove it. You can't convict someone based on your personal beliefs, it's a court of law. So yes, I was glad he got off. Black man has been getting lynched for 400 yrs prior by white people and they've been getting away it, now there's an uproar when it's in reverse? That's funny.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I was in my 1st year of college when the verdict came in and watched it at the college bookstore. Everyone was there gathered around the TV they had in the cafe area. The reaction was this very loud groan and a heavy bevy of disgusted expressions from the mostly white onlookers.

The LAPD was so corrupt, nefarious and stupid in their investigation that I almost wanted to see him get away with it, even though I did and do still think he was guilty. I can agree with Nystyle709 in that for centuries wealthy, previously respected white guys have gotten away with similar crimes because they had the money to buy the system and social standing to influence it. Now a wealthy black man does something similar and he too was able to escape prosecution (even though they didn't want him to). Does it make it right? No. But I can't get with the idea of straightening out the system @ OJ himself.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I remember being pissed off that they interrupted the fucking Knicks game (believe it was either the playoffs or the finals) to bring us that bull shit. My whole family was watching the game so we were all pissed off.
    I remember laughing about it. Not the fact that somebody died, but the fact that white people were so pissed off by this. I remember thinking how it was poetic Justice that a black guy got away with murdering a white person for the first time in history, when white people have been getting away with murdering black people for centuries. I wasn't all broken up about it. Anyway, OJ (the dumbass that he is) finally got what was comming to him so it all worked out in the end.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 am

captainbryce wrote: Anyway, OJ (the dumbass that he is) finally got what was comming to him so it all worked out in the end.

He truly is an idiot. Now he's sitting in jail over some bullshit. How do you go to jail for stealing your own shit? But.....he should've never put himself in that position. He should've known that they would be gunning for him for the rest of his natural life.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 am

I was just sitting at home having a couple of cold brews and a few hits of vodka, when all of a sudden there came this breaking news story about O.J. being chased in his Bronco, and I just sat and had a ball watching the thing play out. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember how it ended. I must have passed out from the booze before it was over.

I was at home cleaning up my room, listening to the radio when the verdict was read and then I heard over the radio: "O.J. Simpson has been found not guilty in deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman." I thought he was guilty and still do, but the trial had turned into such a ridiculous sideshow that by that point I was just glad it was over and that TV wouldn't continue being preemped by it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 am

I was 10 years old. I was in the 5th grade and i remember how sick everybody was of the whole OJ thing since it had been going on since we were in the 3rd grade. We were in Math class and we were all wondering what was going to happen. Then our French teacher came in and told us the news.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm

bump
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 am

I was probably home from work by the time the "chase" ended. I’m pretty sure I was at work when the verdict came in. Do I think he did it? Yeah, probably but the police and persecutors were screw ups so his dream team was able to get him off that time. No doubt in my mind that if he had a public defender, he’d be on death row instead of a Nevada prison.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:31 am

Nhaiyel wrote:I arbitrarily supported his innocence at the time, simply because I thought that the LAPD was corrupt...and still do...but I wouldn't have bet my own life on it. In retrospect, I can believe he was in some way involved. Perhaps he didn't do it himself (after all the glove didn't fit), but I have a suspicion that he was indirectly involved, and knew the gist of what was going to happen.

As far as what I was doing when these events unfolded, I vaguely recall the white Bronco chase. I think I was at home, watching it on TV like everyone else. Just like Marc and Chris, I also was in school the day the verdict came in. I heard about it in the hallways.

The murder glove was made of leather and had been soaked in blood and then probably stored in a cold evidence room. It was gonna shrink.

Between his beating her up constantly when they were married, his running away from the murder scene, his clinical arrogance about the whole thing, his writing that book taunting the public with the "possibility" and his recent crime spree. There's no doubt in my mind that OJ did it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:26 am

I don't remember the chase all that well but I do remember where I was when the verdict came in - history class, first block. Our teacher sent a runner down to watch the news because he knew there was no point in trying to teach. I remember the girl coming back and the second she walked in the door, every eye was on her and she said "they found him not guilty". We were all totally shocked. Our poor teacher didn't even try teaching after that - just let us discuss the case all class.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:14 pm

I was at work. The TV was on in the break room and everybody was crowded around it to see what the verdict would be. Some of us cheered, others groaned. It was just like a reaction to a horse race.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am