CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Suzi
Tony Marino
CatEyes10736
Cheaps
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’

Post by Chris Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gay-teen-tennessee-hangs-leaving-note-trash-read-mom-article-1.1010752

Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’
    Phillip Parker, 14, takes own life after one year of constant bullying
    By David Boroff / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, January 23 2012, 11:28 PM

Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’ Image

A gay teen in Tennessee killed himself on Friday after leaving a note in a trash can that read “please help me mom,” WSMV-TV in Nashville reports.

Phillip Parker, 14, hanged himself in his foster parents’ bathroom in Gordonsville after one year of constant bullying, family members told WSMV, an NBC affiliate.

"He kept telling me he had a rock on his chest," Ruby Harris, Phillip's grandmother, told the station. "He just wanted to take the rock off where he could breathe."

The family said it reported the bullying to Gordonsville High School officials on many occasions, but the situation kept getting worse.

An official told WSMV that the school district is coming up with a plan to address the issue with students on Monday.

"He shouldn't have had to kill himself to be brought to life," the teen's father, also named Phillip, told the station.

The teen's mother, the subject of the note found in the trash, says that she did not realize the level of her son's pain until it was too late.

"I should have [known] something was wrong, but he seemed happy," Gena Parker told News Channel 5 in Nashville. "After he did what he did, we found out a lot that we didn't know, and there is a lot of bullying that goes on at the school."

The tragedy comes one month after another gay Tennessee teen, Jacob Rogers, took his own life, and just a week after Eric James Borges, who made an anti-suicide video encouraging other gay kids to keep fighting, killed himself in California.

A candlelight vigil was held Monday night in Gordonsville to honor Phillip's memory.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 am

Read about this kid the other day. This shit breaks my heart. He seemed to be a very sweet loving kid.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

News Re: Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 am

Sad cries
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Very sad. It's extra heartbreaking when you see pictures of these teens who've committed suicide and they're smiling. All the pain they must have had underneath the facade.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

The family says they reported it to the school on many occasions but yet the mother says she had no idea how much pain the kid was in? Something doesn't sound right here. If they did report it to the school then they should be held responsible for his death and also round up the bullies and punch them all in their faces before expelling their sorry asses from the school and send them to Juvy.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Poor child, they never know that life will get better at that age it is all the right now. Which ever "mom" he was asking for help must be in agony over this . Its time for someone to start suing schools that allow that sort of bullying to go on.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:15 pm

If after several reports nothing was being done, then the parents should have filed harassment charges against the bullies with the police.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Marc™ wrote:If after several reports nothing was being done, then the parents should have filed harassment charges against the bullies with the police.

Funny when I was back in school if someone was being bullied by another classmate we would band together and kick the bullies ass ourselves. I guess everyone is afraid of everyone these days.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Nowadays the school would probably find a way to blame the bullied kid for fighting back.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Marc™ wrote:Nowadays the school would probably find a way to blame the bullied kid for fighting back.

I think they would too.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Very sad. Sadder still is that so many teens kill themselves for reasons not related to being gay and nobody cares about them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Very sad. Sadder still is that so many teens kill themselves for reasons not related to being gay and nobody cares about them.

What bull shit and so fucking typical of you.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

What fucking horse shit.
    Reality seems like manure when it opposes the politically correct bubble. But I'll take it a step further. I blame the media in part for suicides like the one mentioned in the OP. It's this politically correct bullcrap that has created the environment that fosters this suicide. The left will blame the people they don't like (under the guise of "fighting intolerance"), but the truth is, it's the very people that are out to politicize this death that are partially at fault.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Time to up the dosage of your meds.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Reality seems like that when it opposes what you believe.

What I know is that in reality all child suicides upset compassionate people regardless of the reason.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 pm

^^^^^I'm sure they do. But you rarely hear about most of those. If it can't be politically exploited, it just flies under the radar of the media and the average person. Suicides like these make me mad, because the very people who claim to give a damn about these kids are the ones practically telling him to do it so they can use his death to further their political agenda. It's like pushing somebody off the bridge and then crying because the rails aren't high enough. It makes me very mad. But the "solutions" to these problems only serve to make the problems worse, and hence ensure more deaths. We say we care about every child suicide, but I frankly just don't see the evidence of that anymore.

Alan Smithee wrote:Time to up the dosage of your meds.
    I guess taking drugs is how most people make left-wing hogwash make sense to them. For the rest of us who are sober, reality isn't drowned out with drugs. (So I guess encouraging drug addiction is the best way to silence common sense.)

For evidence of the bias, look at the very title of this thread. "Gay teen" right in the title. It's a clever little way to politicize a tragic situation, and thereby encourage more deaths. The "tolerance" police are the wolves in sheep's clothing.
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 pm

These stories always sink my heart!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

Gay teen in Tennessee hangs himself after leaving note in trash that read ‘please help me mom’ Christian-Teen-Suicide-Draws-Attention-To-Bullying-Except-It-Never-Happened

Yeah. It's biased to report the cause of the bullying. Better to keep quite because that will make the problem go away. If Christian teens were truly being driven to suicide because they were being bullied for their beliefs there would be just as big an outcry. On second thought, maybe not. People in charge on your side of the aisle might want to use them as martyrs too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm