CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Rebel Without a Cause

Poll

Which 1955 juvenile delinquency movie do you prefer?

[ 6 ]
    Rebel Without a Cause Bar_left100%Rebel Without a Cause Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rebel Without a Cause Bar_left0%Rebel Without a Cause Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Rebel Without a Cause Empty Rebel Without a Cause

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Who has seen this movie? What did you think of it?

I did not care for it too much the first time I saw it several years ago, but I liked near the end when Jim and Judy and Plato run off to the abandoned mansion, it was because of that, and Jim's almost perfect imitation of a police siren, that I went back to see it again, and I liked it. I've seen it several times over the years and it's now one of my favorite movies.

I find it funny, Rebel Without a Cause, and Blackboard Jungle both came out in 1955, and Blackboard Jungle made history for having the first rock and roll soundtrack. But that movie has dated itself, and Rebel is something of a timeless piece, that every generation 'gets' it. Of course that's not to say everybody gets it, a lot of people say they've seen both and they don't 'get' Rebel, they 'get' Blackboard Jungle...these people however, seem to be looking at it from the adults' point of view in Jungle, never the teenagers' point of view in Rebel. To which I can only guess that these people never had a single problem the WHOLE time they were growing up if they can't understand or relate to it, or if they did, that was so long ago they've completely forgotten what it was like to be on the other side of a class room.

Anyhow, that's my two cents about it, how about everyone else?

Last edited by Supernova on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to edit the poll)
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Rebel Without a Cause Empty Re: Rebel Without a Cause

Post by FightSleep Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 pm

RWAC
    elwilliamo
    elwilliamo
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by elwilliamo Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 pm

But James Dean was a pretty good actor. It's more about that. Dean killed in "Giant," and he really only did the three movies consecutively that were amazing. Rebel was alright, for starters. But Dean was going to be bigger than Brando. Who knows? I'll agree the movie's WAY too melodramatic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:22 pm