CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
Chris
6 posters

'Good Samaritan, shot by carjacker, dies in front of his 2 sons' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Good Samaritan, shot by carjacker, dies in front of his 2 sons' (video)

Post by Chris Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 am

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/25/us/louisiana-good-samaritan/index.html

Good Samaritan, shot by carjacker, dies in front of his 2 sons
    By Rick Martin and Michael Martinez, CNN
    updated 1:23 AM EST, Thu January 26, 2012

(CNN) -- A 44-year-old New Orleans man died in front of his two sons Wednesday after he responded to a woman's screams and was shot by an apparent carjacker, according to police and family members.

Harry "Mike" Ainsworth was with his two sons, ages 9 and 10, as the boys were waiting for a morning school bus, Ainsworth's brother, Bill, told CNN affiliate WWL.

The two boys saw their father try to help the female motorist in the Algiers Point neighborhood and, after their father was shot, the boys ran to him and sat with him until emergency responders showed up, Bill Ainsworth said.

"They were there with him when he passed," Ainsworth said. "It's going to be hard on them."

"Pray the cops find him before I do," he said about the carjacker, in an interview with CNN affiliate WDSU.

The series of events began when a carjacker approached a woman motorist sitting in her vehicle, knocked on the window and asked for the time, New Orleans police said.

As the woman turned to check the time, the carjacker pulled out a handgun and told the woman to get out of the automobile, police said.

Ainsworth then jumped on the hood of the vehicle, and the carjacker shot him, left the car and ran, police said.

Police released a sketch of the suspect and were offering a $5,000 reward to anonymous tipsters who can help detectives find a black man, in his 20s, between 5-6 and 5-8 in height, and weighing 140 to 150 pounds, detectives said.

The woman was unharmed, New Orleans police spokesman Frank Robertson said.

"When you have someone trying to come to the aid of someone who is in need and -- whenever something like this happens, it's a real tragedy," police Lt. Gary Marchese told WWL.

Skip Gallagher, president of the Algiers Point Neighborhood Association, told WDSU that good Samaritans aren't unusual in the neighborhood.

"I think any other male that had heard that in the neighborhood would have done the same thing," Gallagher said. "They heard some woman screaming, they would have come running. I would have, and every male in this neighborhood would have done the same thing, and we see what happens.

"I'm not sure it's going to change my behavior."
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

News Re: 'Good Samaritan, shot by carjacker, dies in front of his 2 sons' (video)

Post by Cheaps Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 am

Sad, but with 2 kids why was the man tryna play hero, knowing carjacker had a gun... The 2 kids would still have their daddy. The woman was unharmed, so her vehicle would have been stolen, no comparison to the kids losing their father.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

News Re: 'Good Samaritan, shot by carjacker, dies in front of his 2 sons' (video)

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Cheaps wrote:Sad, but with 2 kids why was the man tryna play hero, knowing carjacker had a gun... The 2 kids would still have their daddy. The woman was unharmed, so her vehicle would have been stolen, no comparison to the kids losing their father.

Seriously. If I saw that and knowing the guy had a gun, I just would've been making a phone call. That's terrible though.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

DO NOT get involved with a gun fight...unless you have a BIGGER gun.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 pm

It's a very sad story. Hopefully the scum bag who killed him will be in prison for a very, very long time. As someone's punk.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Horrible sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm