CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan  Empty Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:50 am

I don't think I could keep the money either if there was identification. Not unless I was desperate. The life guards were honest too, not "Wallet with $10,000 in cash? What wallet with $10,000 in cash?" It gives me a small amount of hope that there is still some decency in the world. Still, you wouldn't catch me walking around with that much cash. If my contractor wouldn't take a check, they'd be meeting me in the bank.

Ten thousand dollars in cold hard cash could give even the most honest of people a case of sticky fingers. But one Good Samaritan in Laguna Beach, Calif., proved that honesty is always the best policy -- no matter the cost, LAist reports.

This week, a restauranteur from Newport, Fla., accidentally left his wallet and the $10,000 in it on a bench in Laguna Beach.

According to NBC, the businessman had just withdrawn the sizable amount of cash to pay a contractor. After sitting on a bench to drink some coffee and make some phone calls, the man forgot about his wallet when he stood up to leave, the Laguna Beach Patch reports.

Thankfully for him, a Good Samaritan found the wallet and turned it in -- with no money missing -- to lifeguards, who then contacted the police, ABC reports.

The owner of the wallet said he was "shocked" that the money was completely intact and expressed a desire to thank the person who returned it. Unfortunately, police say the individual who turned it in wanted to remain anonymous.

"It's nice that someone did the right thing like we'd expect and turn in this money, especially in times like this," Laguna Beach Police Lt. Jason Kravetz told ABC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/wallet-with-10000-left-in_n_1408318.html?1333729996&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing9%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D149925

PS - See Shale, there's some hope for Florida Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan  Empty Re: Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan

Post by Shale Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:05 am

I agree ppl should use credit cards or write checks for that kind of cash - BUT they do that here in Florida.

When I did delivery for an A/C company one of our customers in a not so upscale Miami neighborhood paid me $3K in cash. I tucked it in my shirt pocket and locked myself in the truck until I got it back to the office.

Oh BTW, I would never have turned that over to anyone except the person who's ID was in the wallet. They even plant wallets here for the cops to see how crooked they are. Some ppl see found cash like that as a gift from god and keep it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan  Empty Re: Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 am

Shale wrote:Some ppl see found cash like that as a gift from god and keep it.

Hallelujah! Praise Jebus!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:37 am

Bless their hearts. He would've gotten his wallet back too if I found it. A few bills might've been missing, but he would've gotten most of his money back. Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan  273237
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am

If the ID inside the wallet gave a Laguna Beach address I would have kept the money and put the empty wallet in a mail box. If the address was Malibu or Holmby Hills Same thing. I'm afraid I have a touch of larceny in me and would assume I needed the money more than the owner of the wallet. Any other address and I would take the wallet to the Police Station minus the ID Just Kidding

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:46 pm