CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel Empty We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Maybe this should be in the music section instead, but it wasn't so much the song I wanted to talk about as the video. Now, the official video for Billy Joel's song is pretty good... but I prefer watching the ones that other people have made and put up on Youtube. Now a lot of them are basically just clip shows going through pictures of all the things mentioned in the song, but my favorite of these that I have found is this one that actually has the TV and film footage of the things that were going on at the time. Anybody else got an opinion on the videos for this song?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel Empty Re: We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Thats a great vid, it must have taken someone quite sometime to put it together. I like seeing the pictures along with who he is singing about. I always liked that song.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel Empty Re: We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Great video, thanks for posting. I always liked that song a lot.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:36 am

I was in college when this song was out, I remember seeing the video play on Friday Night Videos. I believe the premise of the song itself was Billy Joel saying to my generation that his generation wasn't the cause of social catastrophe.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:25 am

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
    Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
    Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
    Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 am

Chris wrote:"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
    Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
    Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
    Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

The one thing this song reminds me of is the fact that when it came out, we didn't have the Internet to look up lyrics of course. Becky, a girl in my class, had it all written out, and it was the most amazing thing to all of us to have that to make copies of!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:03 am