CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RedBedroom
Shale
Tony Marino
Bluesmama
Cheaps
CeCe
Chris
11 posters

Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger? Empty Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger?

Post by Chris Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 am

(A spin off to Red's thread about giving rides to strangers)

Have you ever accepted a ride from a total stranger?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger? Empty Re: Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger?

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

Twice when I was really young. Both almost ending the same way. I smartened up enough to not be a three time idiot.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger? Empty Re: Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger?

Post by Cheaps Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 am

Yes, I have.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Once, and it happened about 10 years ago. And the weird thing is, before I got into the car I thought it was someone I knew! I was waiting for a bus and this car pulled over and the driver started talking to me like she knew me. I thought I recognized her, so when she offered a ride I happily got into the car. At closer look I realized it wasn't her, though she still thought she knew me. We both felt really, really strange when we realized that she picked up a stranger.

She still dropped me off at home.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Not that I can recall.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Well, in the late '60s and early '70s I hitch hiked a lot. It was quite common. I went up to Mississippi from New Orleans a lot.

The longest trip was from San Francisco to New Orleans which I had some interesting turns with some interesting pickups.
    Blue Cool
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Shale wrote:Well, in the late '60s and early '70s I hitch hiked a lot. It was quite common. I went up to Mississippi from New Orleans a lot. Have you ever taken a ride from a stranger? 678525

Do you think this is a riskier thing to do today? I know there were harmful people out there in the 60's and 70's and that some hitchhikers' lives fell into danger. But I think there are lot more loony people now. Maybe it just seems that way because of more people (law of probability).
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Twice. Once when I ran out of gas and another time.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Yes. From a very nice black family in downtown Newark.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Yep.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am

Once my husband and I had car trouble in the middle of a move to another city. Was winter and we had our poor cat in his cat carrier. Some very nice people came along with a good sized van, and were going to the town we were heading for. They offered us a ride we accepted. It was a several hour trip. We were very very thankful.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:07 am

Haha, yeah.

I thought my friends had left me in the club and was walking around outside looking for them, since one had my keys. I told this guy who was hitting on me in the parking lot what happened, and he waited with me until the club emptied--no sign of my friends.

Not only did I catch a ride but I went to stay at his house for the night (as opposed to the park bench). Dumb teenage move, but he was really nice and very respectful, and didn't take advantage of me. We watched TV, he fed me and offered me some purple haze LOL. Unfortunately we lost touch, but sometimes I reflect on that story and wish I could find him now, just to say thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am